• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they have like 500 first team minutes combined and most of them are emergency minutes for Branthwaite?

I want us to build a solid youth system as much as anyone but we can also purchase young players who can play for the first team now. Imo they are separate issues.

Because previous minutes for young players are an indication of future minutes?

Purchasing new young players for now? Such as Patterson Mykolenko McNeil Vinagre?

Because previous minutes for young players are an indication of future minutes?

Purchasing new young players for now? Such as Patterson Mykolenko McNeil Vinagre?
Mate it's not like they're in the team now. 3 are on loan and the 4th hasn't made his real debut. Again if we're talking about getting the playing squad younger none of them need to be mentioned.

Since the start of last season we've also got Rondon, Townsend, Tarkowski, Begovic, Dele and Gray. It isn't trending downward.

This matters because we're not actually stabilizing everything. Every year someone falls off and has to be replaced. You're always chasing it. You can't be stable until you have a sustainable pipeline of talent. That requires both a good youth set up and a transfer policy that can see at least 3 years out.

Mate it's not like they're in the team now. 3 are on loan and the 4th hasn't made his real debut. Again if we're talking about getting the playing squad younger none of them need to be mentioned.

Since the start of last season we've also got Rondon, Townsend, Tarkowski, Begovic, Dele and Gray. It isn't trending downward.

This matters because we're not actually stabilizing everything. Every year someone falls off and has to be replaced. You're always chasing it. You can't be stable until you have a sustainable pipeline of talent. That requires both a good youth set up and a transfer policy that can see at least 3 years out.
Gray and Dele are 26 mate........

Gray and Dele are 26 mate........
I'm aware.

It isn't that they're old it is that added to the others who clearly are old it isn't refreshing the squad like it needs to.

The average age of our signings is 27. 26 if you remove Begovic. That is perfectly fine if the team is already fairly young. Our squad isn't, so we just keep chasing stop gaps in a never ending dance.

I'm aware.

It isn't that they're old it is that added to the others who clearly are old it isn't refreshing the squad like it needs to.

The average age of our signings is 27. 26 if you remove Begovic. That is perfectly fine if the team is already fairly young. Our squad isn't, so we just keep chasing stop gaps in a never ending dance.
But they both make your 3 year criteria, so it seems odd you would mention them.

But they both make your 3 year criteria, so it seems odd you would mention them.
The point was to look at it as a whole and not cherry pick "well we signed McNeil, Mykolenko and Patterson so it is fine."

I get we have signed some and that is fine but we aren't moving anywhere overall.

I think social media forgets it’s dishing out “you are either with us or against us” sentences.

Ah the Facebook age, find anyway to be offended and life is good. Doesn't have to be a no grey area, there was a reason why he didn't play and that was to do where he was born. Either by wear rainbow laces or you dont, it's your choice of it bloody well should be.

The point was to look at it as a whole and not cherry pick "well we signed McNeil, Mykolenko and Patterson so it is fine."

I get we have signed some and that is fine but we aren't moving anywhere overall.
Well it is fine.

Signing McNeil, Myko, Patterson, Dele, Gray, Vinagre is fine.

Same as signing Rondon, Townsend is fine, as long as they dont make up the bulk of your transfers and cost a lot.

We have plenty of players at the "right age".

Status
Not open for further replies.