2023/24 Idrissa Gueye

I don't know why we wouldn't take up the one year option, with all the other players we already need to replace. Age not a massive issue, his game isn't really dependent on pace. Yes he's on high wages, but the cost of replacing him would be much higher than the cost of paying him for a year.

We'll have 1 senior midfielder in Garner if he doesn't get an extension too.

That's if Onana isn't flogged.

Glad he is back....adds a spine to a spineless team. I know he has had his detractors this season but IMO he gives us solidity. Good player
usually very solid, against the best is found wanting, but the best are collected in 3 or 4 sides in this league so we tend to get 6/10 - 7/10 from him fairly regular.

He’s actually scored one, this is Tony Hibbert level. I’ve seen this man sky about 4000 shots outside the box up until now.

The Palace one was a very underrated finish especially given how late on in the game it was.

Today the Forest keeper should've saved but ultimately he went down in instalments and it was very well placed.

I don't know why we wouldn't take up the one year option, with all the other players we already need to replace. Age not a massive issue, his game isn't really dependent on pace. Yes he's on high wages, but the cost of replacing him would be much higher than the cost of paying him for a year.

It also disrupts the most stable part of the team by a mile.

I think if Onana is getting left on the bench for the biggest game of the season that's sending a signal to the board that Dyche feels he's expendable so I'd be surprised if he's still here in August. Would rather sell him than Branthwaite all day long.

Gomes looked good in his recent appearances but again no contest between him and Gana as to who gives better value over a season.

Some wanting to sell Doucoure on top is completely mind boggling as then you're having to find 2-3 new CMs on a very tight budget on top of the other areas of the team that need refreshing e.g. the right hand side.

Keep Doucs and Gana and then re-assess in January 2025 as I bet you their presence and effectiveness for Dycheball will get 4-5 crucial wins next season.