Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll just leave my posts from way earlier in this thread here again... I have loved Gueye for a whole year now, his performance on the weekend for Everton didn't surprise me in the slightest! Hope he keeps it up all season!

I enjoyed reading your comments on him as it really sounds like you know what you're talking about, but throughout I was thinking- if this guy knows what he's talking about why did he select so many Villa players in his fantasy football squad? :)

I enjoyed reading your comments on him as it really sounds like you know what you're talking about, but throughout I was thinking- if this guy knows what he's talking about why did he select so many Villa players in his fantasy football squad? :)
Haha good point - I had Gueye and Gestede (Rudy was cut about halfway through the season), and I brought Agbonlahor in for a grand total of 1 game (their home game vs Norwich when he scored his only goal in about 3 years haha).

Our league accumulates points for a whole raft of stats including interceptions, tackles, aerials won, blocked shots, accurate passes, accurate crosses, shots, shots on target etc etc. It's not the traditional fantasy which limits it to goals, assists and clean sheets.

For that reason, I had Gueye (who topped a lot of those stats in France) and Gestede (who won the most headers of any player in the Championship the season before) ... and before the season started, I genuinely thought Villa would be 13-17, didn't expect them to be so so bad.

Gueye remains in my squad for this season, as we have a keeper league allowing us to keep a certain number of players and he was one of them - so I'm invested in Everton's performances this season! Go you Toffees!

Be nice if he builds on his first performance for us and continues to thrive. Could be a really important piece to the puzzle!

This is the first chance I've had to watch him properly, he's won us the ball so many times today.

He's not in your face, but he's there just constantly winning it back.

I like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back