Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he even concede a foul yesterday? Every one of his tackles always seemed perfectly clean (I don't mean from a dirty player perspective, I mean perfectly executed).

He's going to be very much coveted in summer I reckon.

Kante idolised for his performance yesterday when Gueye casually scores a great goal, makes the tackle that sets up the second goal and is the first European player this season to reach 100 successful tackles. Cute.

Great news, the last thing we want is media exposure which will then bring transfer stories, he is good enough for Real/Bayern level of teams

Great news, the last thing we want is media exposure which will then bring transfer stories, he is good enough for Real/Bayern level of teams

I said he was getting to Kante level early on. It was laughed off. Miles ahead in tackles made despite weeks off for ACON plus looks to attack as much as possible. There's been games where he's been under par for him too!!

It remains to be seen if he can replicate his form next season. If he does, he is certainly mixing it with Kante.

I said he was getting to Kante level early on. It was laughed off. Miles ahead in tackles made despite weeks off for ACON plus looks to attack as much as possible. There's been games where he's been under par for him too!!

It remains to be seen if he can replicate his form next season. If he does, he is certainly mixing it with Kante.

To put his performance in context: in his worst ever season statistically he was only second to Ngolo Kante on a European level. This season he even bests Kante. And he has bested Kante every season whilst still in France.

Only thing Kante has over gueye is age.

It's also important to note Gueye was Walsh's first choice at Leicester. Kante wasthe fall back option.

Did he even concede a foul yesterday? Every one of his tackles always seemed perfectly clean (I don't mean from a dirty player perspective, I mean perfectly executed).

He's going to be very much coveted in summer I reckon.

Thing is:

Lukaku will be coveted.
Barkley will be coveted.
Gana will be coveted.
Davies is the best breakthrough player in the country. He will be coveted.
Schniederlin is boss.
Holgate and Lookman are future stars...
Coleman is constantly linked with Man U.

The common element is they all play at the same club. A club with a rich owner and plans to muscle in at the top.

I am more excited as to whom we will sign, not who might leave.

Exciting times :)

I thought Morgs was ace but annoyed Everton gave him motm instead of Gueye. What a complete performance from him. Won the ball back almost every time we lost it, got forward so well and scored a beauty.

Him, Davies and Morgan. Wow. The snidey trinity.

To be fair Gana has won most of our MotM this season, Koeman probably worried he's giving him too much booze.

Anyone spot the similarity:

Bracewell 40 yards Steven BANG Sunderland (3-1 final 4-1) 1985
Davies 40 yards Coleman - Gana Gueye BANG Sunderland (1-0 final 2-0) 2017

Retro Day eh!?

Mad that.

On Monday me and my bro spoke to my wife's cousin who we took to see the U23s about the 80s. We where near the half way line and we recollected the 4-1 v Sunderland. My brother mentioned the Steven goal of the season and the quality of the Bracewell pass. said hopefully we will have a side to match it soon.

Then Davies played that ball on Saturday v the same opposition.

:)

The Kante comparisons are fair but I do think Kante is a little better on the ball.

That's no slight on Gana btw. In fact it's a compliment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back