If he was willing to come would you pay 20-25 million for Lukaku?

If he was willing to come would you pay 20-25 million for Lukaku?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends, what's the price?

Between his utter lack of playing time as of late and the fact that he's not from Europe or South America, I think you could get a pretty good deal on Chicharito.

Reckon £10 million. Probably too much for us for somebody who wouldn't be a primary striker for us. If we could afford him AND Lukaku, or somebody of his ilk, then I'd be all for it.

I would not pay 20 million pounds. I think he might get worse not better as defenders cotton onto the fact that he is not good in the air, has terrible ball control and for the size of him he is a bit 'soft'. I realise I am going to get shot down in flames for my view, but as per the question raised by the OP, that is what it is.

PS he was MUCH better with his old hair.

Don't think you are. He's definitely not the Belgian wonderchild everybody thought he was in the first half of the season.

I'd look at that list of cons though and say most of those things could be fixed with experience. He's also 20.

fair one on the passing, but hardly like lukaku is too. When you say link up, you don't need a lone striker to be a big target man, like a guy just said, it's what have behind them, good fluid passing and it could well work. Look at city for example with aguero, yes we can't pass it like them, but it does work. As to fading in and out of games, well he hasn't really had many full 90 mins so we can't really judge him on that can we? remember how good he was in his first season?

Played many a 90 minutes under Fergie where he was invisible. Yes, he was great in first season but did get found out quite a bit by defenses that are physical towards him. He's easily isolated when playing on his lonesome as well, not needed when we play one up top.

On the 'When you say link up, you don't need a lone striker' No you don't, but you do need to be able to hold up the ball when counter attacking, which we do quite a bit.

PROS
The lad certainly has potential and is only 20 so I'm sure his sell on value will increase over the next 5 years.

He has scored 13 goals this season, including some crucial ones. Including 2 against Liverpool, 1 against Arsenal and 2 against West Ham.

CONS
He is sometimes lazy and his attitude doesn't seem the best in the so-called 'smaller' games, recent games where he has come under criticism include Southampton and Palace.

There are other options. We possibly only have 30million to spend this summer and would wasting 22million on Lukaku be a sensible option when we could go for Batushayi or even Bony.

If we've only got 30 mill to spend then it would be insanity to pay that much for him, it's only goals that we would be paying that much for and no overall game, i'm absolutely certain that there is a much better option out there somewhere that could get us the same amount of goals but also help and create a lot more for the team for a lot cheaper, we need to find someone who's more agile and can understand some of the other players a lot better

Played many a 90 minutes under Fergie where he was invisible. Yes, he was great in first season but did get found out quite a bit by defenses that are physical towards him. He's easily isolated when playing on his lonesome as well, not needed when we play one up top.

On the 'When you say link up, you don't need a lone striker' No you don't, but you do need to be able to hold up the ball when counter attacking, which we do quite a bit.
ok fair enough has got his drawbacks, but would love to see it happen

If we've only got 30 mill to spend then it would be insanity to pay that much for him, it's only goals that we would be paying that much for and no overall game, i'm absolutely certain that there is a much better option out there somewhere that could get us the same amount of goals but also help and create a lot more for the team for a lot cheaper, we need to find someone who's more agile and can understand some of the other players a lot better

ermm.

when was the last time we even spent £10m no £5m net spend?

we will sell to buy lads.

i think he's now overpriced to be honest......but if we could get him for £20m, i'd say yes....
he has alot to improve in his game, but there's so much good there too, and loads of potential if has the right attitude which he seems to have....

we'll end up paying about £15m for decent striker anyways, so why not push the boat out for once and try sign him......

the world cup will have a big effect on his future....he should be playing with benteke injured....alot of clubs will be checking him out to see if he can impress.....

ermm.

when was the last time we even spent £10m no £5m net spend?

we will sell to buy lads.

will be different this summer (hopefully)....we still have money left from the fellaini & jelavic sales....plus the new TV money.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back