If posters contributions mirror their professional lives...

Should we be worried?

• Yes

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Damo works on legal oh my freaking God save us

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
Its a very interesting concept when you analyse it, and probably something that could do with some academic research behind it in future.

I'm self employed, run my own business & run my own socials/content.

In my professional life, I am not told what to do, I am not told when I need to work, I do not need to kiss arses to move up a ladder, I do not need to "make" "friends" to "network" and improve my prospects.

All of the above, translates into myself on this platform. I say and think how I want, if you like it, great, if not I do not care. I decide when I want to post, I do not need to have acquaintances to defend or enemies to attack. I have no desire to change my opinions to suit an accepted narrative, pushed by EFC influencers on social media.

Whereas many others are bound by "cliques" and "rules". They have to like / dislike certain posters to be accepted, they have to comment, think and act in a certain way in consequence to that, they lose all originality in doing so. They essentially, are dispensable cogs in a wheel, much like the formal workplace. If they get banned, another clique wannabe will only take their place in time.

These people are no doubt, largely salaried employees or work in institutions where there is a high amount of insecure faux masculinity.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back