If the club can achieve on the field, what they achieve off the field

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the horror show of Bournemouth, it was nailed on that we’d get fed some ‘nice’ stuff.

The Monster deal, Coleman and his call for bravery, and (sadly), the almost inevitable EitC story.

Monster are piling sponsorship elsewhere too, not just Everton, Leicester have had a deal too recently, and the Coleman rallying call is just a regurgitation of previous messages from Neville and Jags.

EitC does marvellous work, that cannot be denied or overlooked, but the apparent willingness of DBB/the club to use EitC stories to whitewash over another dismal performance is getting tedious and belittling of supporters intelligence.

Get it right on the field, challenge for and maybe win the occasional trophy and they can issue as much EitC stuff as possible... but stop taking the fan base for fools.

We are a football club first and a social action group second.
Such a weird attitude.

Do you honestly think there are Everton fans sat there now thinking forget the results, I just hope we do more stuff like this? There aren't, just to be clear.

Do you think Everton should have put stuff on the website and social media saying 'Great news! Leicester have got a new deal with Monster! Oh and we have aswell.'? What relevance does other clubs getting sponsorship have to us putting out an announcement?

In the days immediately after the Wolves game we released a story about EITC where the players had visited a local school. We also had an interview with Silva talking about Gbamin and how he was doing. You remember the Wolves game, right? We won it. So we weren't trying to 'whitewash over another dismal performance' or anything of the sort, we were just putting out social media content because we have to. If you think we should maintain radio silence after a loss until we win again, it's hardly surprising that you regularly have your intelligence belittled.

After the horror show of Bournemouth, it was nailed on that we’d get fed some ‘nice’ stuff.

The Monster deal, Coleman and his call for bravery, and (sadly), the almost inevitable EitC story.

Monster are piling sponsorship elsewhere too, not just Everton, Leicester have had a deal too recently, and the Coleman rallying call is just a regurgitation of previous messages from Neville and Jags.

EitC does marvellous work, that cannot be denied or overlooked, but the apparent willingness of DBB/the club to use EitC stories to whitewash over another dismal performance is getting tedious and belittling of supporters intelligence.

Get it right on the field, challenge for and maybe win the occasional trophy and they can issue as much EitC stuff as possible... but stop taking the fan base for fools.

We are a football club first and a social action group second.

What was the score on Sunday? Who did we play? My heart is so warmed by that video I totally forgot. Oh well! I assume it all went swimmingly!

I'm not going to assume they are actually cynical enough to use charitable and good PR events with fans as a means of manipulating coverage in their favour, particularly after a bad result.

I mean things can be bad, but not that bad.

It's not like we only ever hear of such things after a bad defeat, and never after a good result.

If we can benefit as a whole organisation by the EITC work and that reflects well on the club as a whole, then that is to our benefit.

The whole Goodison regeneration plans announced at the design launch actually left me more stunned than anything else, as a football club going way above and beyond the call. If that also helps grease the wheels for planning permission or in any other way, then so be it, but on it's own it's a fabulous thing to do.

This Everton squad is never going to achieve much on the pitch.

Nor look like doing so again in my lifetime.
Same for most clubs as it happens.

The community work is important in their respective areas.

All these teams/clubs might never have a say trophies, but they are so so important for the communities in where they are based.

Hopefully we can win the voluntary sector Champions League if we can manage to beat Mencap in the Semi-Finals. Mencap are strong favoirites however, having won 3 of the last 4 voluntary sector champions league finals.

I'd suggest Manchester City fandom if you're looking for a plastic club with no focus outside of the pitch. Maybe even United.
Anyone who describes Man City as a plastic club knows very little about the history of English football. Anyway, re your original post, I would say our on field persona is mirrored perfectly by our off field reputation for bending over backwards and going the extra mile for the disadvantaged. Demonstrated perfectly in the majority of our away games.

Status
Not open for further replies.