If there was one Everton match you wished you had been at but missed when was it?

Bayern home and Rotterdam!!!!
Was in Munich but couldn’t make those because of work. I was gutted but consoled myself with the thought there would be other similar occasions in the future 🤬🤬🤬🤬

I was a right sight in a pub on the North Circular after training with my Walkman radio on listening to the Munich second half. Jumping like a madman with no one else in the pub even aware of the match because no live TV back then!!!

I missed the Rapid Vienna game in Rotterdam. Money was tight even though my mum offered me the money but needs must I suppose.
Really enjoyed the game as the fans and team were brilliant that night.
I have always wondered what would have happened if Heysel had been before Rotterdam.
I think many of us would have missed out on one the best nights of our lives.
I am not opening up old wounds just asking the question

I have always wondered what would have happened if Heysel had been before Rotterdam.
Our implacable behaviour would've been down to extra security not implacable behaviour.
Which,if I may add,is always forgotten about when that riot is mentioned.

More seriously, I think I'd have to pick Everton 5-0 Manchester United.

That was the absolute peak of that team, in many ways. Thrashing United and winning at Anfield in the space of a week is, well, Heaven on Earth for an Evertonian. That 5-0 win must surely be the most forgotten signature performance of any great team in English football. It wasn't even televised...
I was there ( Upper Bullens ) and I can't ever remember us play better

Well, we wouldn't have known the best night of our lives , a bit like that menage a trois I never had with Meg Ryan and Kylie.

Another good shout was the 4-1 Sunderland game in '85. Went 0-1 down (IIRC) but scored some great goals to put them back in their box.
That was when most said so what 1 nil down were only just getting warmed up , I dont think a single fan at the ground that day though oh hell, we were just classed cant remember the last time i went to a match thinking were going to smash these

My big regret was missing out on the Bayern semi-final and the Rotterdam final.
I went home and away most weeks in that 84-85 season but had just started my first job in East Anglia after being on the dole for 6 months so was desperate to create a good impression and not take any risks with “sickness” and had very little holiday accrued…and I was skint!!

I listened to the Bayern game on the radio commentated by Peter Jones and Jimmy Armfield…the atmosphere sounded brilliant and I was desperate to be there. I rang my Dad after the game and he said he did not think his feet touched the ground in the Paddock in the second half.

For me it was the 66 cup final.i was at a few of the earlier rounds but never got to the final
No excuses I was 12 at the time I should have been there
Same here Paul, I was devastated to find out my dad had been with with my uncle, even though I was 6 I remembered the fella running on the pitch, that's got to be one of the best Wembley moments ever 🤣

Bayern Munich and Luton semis 85. I was going to matches with my dad but looking back there's quite a few I didn't go to including the Bayern game.