If you could all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Disable Adblock on GrandOldTeam, that would be most splendid.

I use Adblock myself when browsing online, but I whitelist it on sites that don't take the proverbial. Ultimately - I can't afford the 'leccy bill if everyone has adblock.

"I dont know how to disable Adblock for GrandOldTeam"
- It's very easy/takes second. Instructions can vary - Google is your friend.

"I don't know whether I have it on"
- Can you see adverts on GrandOldTeam? Like below?
If no, it's on.

1614871963228.png

"I didn't know it was on"
- Likely story, chief...

We can see which members have it, and don't. To give an indication of the scale of the issue;

1614871360569.png

1614871459795.png

Thanks @stubifier @emir - you was the only 2 on the first couple of pages recently active without adblock.

... Our next step is to stop access to anyone using Adblock which would be a real shame so come on, play the game blues.

Last edited:
I've got AdBlock paused on this site but I never see ads unless on my phone. o_O

The logs show your account to have switched between adblocking and non adblocking 43 times mate. Currently Adblocking.

You won't see barely any because of your subscription but you should see them at the very bottom here: https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/

Example below.

Suspect you have Adblock on intermittently, or something like Ghostery. Or a browser like Brave.

1614872177800.png

Disable Adblock on GrandOldTeam, that would be most splendid.

I use Adblock myself when browsing online, but I whitelist it on sites that don't take the proverbial. Ultimately - I can't afford the 'leccy bill if everyone has adblock.

"I dont know how to disable Adblock"
- It's very easy/takes second. Instructions can vary - Google is your friend.

"I don't know whether I have it on"
- Can you see adverts on GrandOldTeam? Like below?
If no, it's on.

View attachment 119925

"I didn't know it was on"
- Likely story, chief...

We can see which members have it, and don't. To give an indication of the scale of the issue;

View attachment 119923

View attachment 119924

Thanks @stubifier @emir - you was the only 2 on the first couple of pages recently active without adblock.

... Our next step is to stop access to anyone using Adblock which would be a real shame so come on, play the game blues.

Do i have it on?

The logs show your account to have switched between adblocking and non adblocking 43 times mate. Currently Adblocking.

You won't see barely any because of your subscription but you should see them at the very bottom here: https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/

Example below.

Suspect you have Adblock on intermittently, or something like Ghostery. Or a browser like Brave.

View attachment 119926

Hmm, I've got AdBlock and AdGuard Blocker both paused for GOT. Wonder if I have another sneakily in there.

As I've said before, most of my GOT surfing these days is on my work computer and I have no access to mess with the adblocking/firewall stuff. I do see ads when using my phone though.

Unfortunately when I am on the work PC it does it automatically, blocks anything from social media sites embedded in this site as well

Status
Not open for further replies.