If:

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not how you start a season, it's where you finish it which counts.

If we're in the top 8 come January, then I would expect us to challenge for a Champions League place.

Be realistic, I'd be happy with qualification for the Europa League myself.

I realise its a very big IF, but if we're still in or around the league leaders come January do you reckon the board will loosen the purse strings again to allow us to consolidate further from a position of strength or do you think that they'll feel that the money already spent will be enough to keep us there? :oops:

Discuss ;)

Would help to have a purse with strings to loosen in the first place. Unless you mean shaking the sofa for all it's worth. The board never has and never will spend any of its own money.

We need some real CM options, not Neville and Osman. Buying that Belgium lad and maybe someone else on loan would be a class move - as long as there isn't any outgoings.

If we keep all our lads till next summer and somehow get top 4 this season, I can see us still having to sell Fellaini (out of his choice).

We definitely have money left from the Rodwell sale, even though we had a cracking summer by our standards there was still negative spend I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.