Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Iliman Ndiaye

Just imagine if we had 4 or 5 players like him. He doesn't skip on defensive duties, looks to attack and always wants to be on the front foot

In modern football all 11 players are responsible for attack and defense.

He's that Semenyo type of player we urgently needed. Hard-working against the ball, then having a good technical ability, pace and shooting.

Iliman Ndiaye: “We’re winning and suddenly they’re Leicester catching up and maybe could have won the game. I wouldn’t say they created more chances than us, but we need to finish our chances to put the game to bed and stay focused.

Obviously on a personal note, I was very happy to get the goal. Step by step, we’re trying to pick up points, go in the right direction and start getting wins.

We haven’t been picking up points and today it was really important to get a win, but we’ve finished the game with a draw. We’re going to reflect once again on what went badly and what was good to try and win the next game.”

Love this guy. He gets it. We need ten more like him and one managing the team.

He’s like a better version of penear … and I loved him as a player
He does have that kind of style about him. Low sense of gravity, slick feet, progressive in the way he moves with the ball and brings others into play. He's just a proper footy player, makes a massive difference having someone like him.

Just imagine if we had 4 or 5 players like him. He doesn't skip on defensive duties, looks to attack and always wants to be on the front foot
Yep, we kind of got rid of anyone with any sign of ball playing skills for one reason or another. Replaced them all with 'players who can do a specific job' like a set piece. Left us devoid of any naturally pacy skillfull creative players.

Barkley, Richarlison, Lukaku, Lookman, Gordon...anyone that has that something creative about them. So its fantastic to see a player like Ndiyae coming in - sorely shows what we are missing. Need more like him. It makes football easier!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back