Impact of the World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two, apparently, as things currently stand.

England's Number One, Brazil's Number Nine, and possibly Mykolenko or Patterson depending on play-offs.

Of course, one would hope we'll be buying a few internationals between now and the end of the transfer window.

Will the leagues be going ahead as per?

I can understand Qatar getting to host. Such traditional major football stadiums the place is known for. It had to be there at some stage. A world cup in November just makes sense.

What the actual cuck is going on there. Haven't been following. Sounds hilariously corrupt.

I think it will effect the summer transfer market. Some players on the move will want guaranteed playing time in order for themselves to cement a place in their countrys world cup squad.

I also imagine their will be a lot of injuries/fitness caused at the world cup or through to play catch up with the domestic fixtures once the tournament ends. Which would impact a small squad like ours.
It will be interesting to see if the festive fixutre schedule will be the same this year in the premier league, with the World Cup final taking place on December 18th.

Still sends my head west that it's taking place in winter during a season.
It's strange isn't it but it might end up being a good thing. extend the regular season but players still get a break before the next season begins.

It's strange isn't it but it might end up being a good thing. extend the regular season but players still get a break before the next season begins.
Won’t be at all shocked to see title chasing teams and suchlike pulling their players out due to “injury” on the eve of the tournament, only for them to be back to full fitness in time for their next club match.

Won’t be at all shocked to see title chasing teams and suchlike pulling their players out due to “injury” on the eve of the tournament, only for them to be back to full fitness in time for their next club match.
Would those players really be willing to miss a world cup?

I can understand Qatar getting to host. Such traditional major football stadiums the place is known for. It had to be there at some stage. A world cup in November just makes sense.

What the actual cuck is going on there. Haven't been following. Sounds hilariously corrupt.

No, the premier league takes a break, last league fixtures before the World Cup will be the 13th November and then restarts 26th December

Two, apparently, as things currently stand.

England's Number One, Brazil's Number Nine, and possibly Mykolenko or Patterson depending on play-offs.

Of course, one would hope we'll be buying a few internationals between now and the end of the transfer window.

Tom davies to make a late surge to be englands midfield playmaker possibly.

No, the premier league takes a break, last league fixtures before the World Cup will be the 13th November and then restarts 26th December
If there is anything else they need from us I hope they won't hesitate to demand.

It's just a coincidence that successive World Cups were announced to be held in Russia and Qatar on one day, despite that absurd practice never having happened before or since.

Nothing to see here.

Should be cancelled due to corruption and human rights violations. the things FIFA do for money. Still really pees me off we have only had it once, even the USA has had it twice, no agenda though against the English whatsoever, honest.

It'll be interesting how this pans out for some clubs. The season starts early (6th August) and will end slightly later right at the end of May.

We, like many other clubs, will get a nice month and a half break in the middle of the season as the majority of our first team players won't be going to Qatar.

I suspect they'll get a week or twos rest (holiday), a few weeks worth of training (perhaps abroad) and maybe a non-competitive friendly towards the end.

This will hopefully mean players will be rested, any non long-term injury can be alleviated and some important team practise and drills back at Finch Farm.

On the other hand, there'll be other clubs where a much larger percentage of their players will be at the WC. I wonder how this will impact on their season.

Should be cancelled due to corruption and human rights violations. the things FIFA do for money. Still really pees me off we have only had it once, even the USA has had it twice, no agenda though against the English whatsoever, honest.
Indeed the nonsense "soft diplomacy", look how that turned out with Russia with their world cup and China generally with sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.