Injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluestar

Player Valuation: £35m
Two games into a new season and we already have a big injury list.

DCL, Mina, Doucoure, Godfrey, Gomes, Allan, Townsend and Coleman just coming back.

The situation is killing us. We can’t play them and we can’t sell them.

Two games into a new season and we already have a big injury list.

DCL, Mina, Doucoure, Godfrey, Gomes, Allan, Townsend and Coleman just coming back.

The situation is killing us. We can’t play them and we can’t sell them.

I’m hoping, and it’s probably wishful thinking that Allan & Gomes “injuries” are due to them being left out the squad in the hope of moving them on.

I don’t ever remember a period where we have suffered so many long term injuries. It has gone on for season after season for the last three or four years.

This is on top of the career destroying injuries to Gbamin, Gomes and Bolasie.

Then there was the Sigurdsson situation which meant he didn’t play and left on a free.

I think it is now imperative to move the sick bay players on, no matter how good they are. It’s killing us.

I don’t ever remember a period where we have suffered so many long term injuries. It has gone on for season after season for the last three or four years.

This is on top of the career destroying injuries to Gbamin, Gomes and Bolasie.

Then there was the Sigurdsson situation which meant he didn’t play and left on a free.

I think it is now imperative to move the sick bay players on, no matter how good they are. It’s killing us.

What injury did Sigurdsson have?

I’m
What injury did Sigurdsson have?
obviously no injury, but he was another player we couldn’t use and left on a free.

He probably would have had his contract extended, but the situation rendered that impossible and left us another player down.

Any PL team missing as many players as us would struggle.

….I think we should blame the conditioning coach for Godfrey. The training vid of him doing repetitive pull-ups as Alli watched on with amazement certainly contributed to his broken leg. :celebrate:

The reality is, you need to analyse the type of injury incurred to determine if there is a particular issue. Also, did injuries happen in match or training situations.

I’ve always been concerned with the firmness of the pitches at FF. I know they replicate PL pitches and are like bowling greens but they won’t be sympathetic to joints for athletes who use them every day.

Final point, the management of players comes from the Club Doctor. It’s a key role within the club yet it’s one that goes under the radar. I have been critical of Everton in respect of this for many years but I understand we have employed a new person in recent times.

….I think we should blame the conditioning coach for Godfrey. The training vid of him doing repetitive pull-ups as Alli watched on with amazement certainly contributed to his broken leg. :celebrate:

The reality is, you need to analyse the type of injury incurred to determine if there is a particular issue. Also, did injuries happen in match or training situations.

I’ve always been concerned with the firmness of the pitches at FF. I know they replicate PL pitches and are like bowling greens but they won’t be sympathetic to joints for athletes who use them every day.

Final point, the management of players comes from the Club Doctor. It’s a key role within the club yet it’s one that goes under the radar. I have been critical of Everton in respect of this for many years but I understand we have employed a new person in recent times.
Maybe the Witch from the RS is in FF ! ?

….before I forget, whilst the concentration is on the number of injuries, a very important aspect of this is recovery rates.

Not sure if it’s in the public domain but there are stats about recovery rates in clubs. More specifically, how long players are out with injury. With salaries so high, it literally costs £m per week if players are unavailable.

Again, these are performance indicators for club doctors.

Status
Not open for further replies.