Injury updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally more concerned about the Europa games, Eto'o experience will be very useful.

Horrible as it is, we have lost at Anfield before and had a good season. The Europa could well be our best chance of getting into the CL this year plus winning some much needed silverware.
I'm not confident of getting a lot of games out of Eto'o, tbh. I thought he picked and chose his games last season with Chelsea (hobbling off in league game and turning up on CL nights). I doubt he'll have much interest in pulling his tripes out for us in LC and FA Cup matches, so I suppose the EL still offers him a profile + games against the top clubs City, Arsenal, Chelsea, plus the Derbies.

I'm probably doing him a disservice, but that's just how it appears to me it'll pan out.

Personally more concerned about the Europa games, Eto'o experience will be very useful.

Horrible as it is, we have lost at Anfield before and had a good season. The Europa could well be our best chance of getting into the CL this year plus winning some much needed silverware.

True but let's be honest, we are due a bloody win at some point this decade at their crap hole and for some reason our players bottle it. Someone like Eto'o could be absolutely priceless in sorting our lads inability to turn up.

True but let's be honest, we are due a bloody win at some point this decade at their crap hole and for some reason our players bottle it. Someone like Eto'o could be absolutely priceless in sorting our lads inability to turn up.
Even by the law of averages you'd expect us to get a win at some point!

But unfortunately we've got Krassnodor away and Liverpool away in the same week and I doubt that Eto'o is fit enough to play a major part in both. Given Eto'o and McGeady have both played in the country before, I'd have them both on the teamsheet for Russia.

...I've said it before, our record at getting injured players back is woeful. The strategy comes from the club Doctor, ours is retiring and we are promoting within. Its a key role in the club, be innovative and recruit from outside otherwise we'll have more of the same.

How can you be innovative?

You have to follow medical guidelines. Its no different for sports people otherwise doctors lose their rights to practice medicine.

When doctors implant bionic limbs in people they have to get permission from medical regulators as part of official trials. These have to be ethical.

So come on. Be realistic.

Medical practitioning isn't magic.

According to Martinez last year

"He had a loosened body, a bit of cartilage in his knee" that he has an operation to repair. No idea on typical revocery time but it sounds like he's had a few setbacks over the past few months.

...Cisse had a double compound fracture for our neighbours and within 9 weeks played a key role in the Champions League final. Says a lot about our strategy.

You have to follow medical guidelines. Its no different for sports people otherwise doctors lose their rights to practice medicine.

When doctors implant bionic limbs in people they have to get permission from medical regulators as part of official trials. These have to be ethical.

No it's quackery.

...Cisse had a double compound fracture for our neighbours and within 9 weeks played a key role in the Champions League final. Says a lot about our strategy.

Knee injuries to ligaments and tendons

Are much worse than bone injuries.

Orthopaedic medicine is like being a car mechanic.

Knee surgery is far more complicated. With tissues that do not heal at the same rates.

Comparing the two is nonsense.

......you can be innovative, other clubs are way ahead of us for doing things different. I've just quoted the Cisse example. Can't say too much, but I do have an insight.

......you can be innovative, other clubs are way ahead of us for doing things different. I've just quoted the Cisse example. Can't say too much, but I do have an insight.

No they're not.

You're comparing apples and pears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back