interesting bbc article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of it is by Professor Tom Cannon, who I suspect will raise some hackles here.

I thought there were a lot of sensible and informative points (like people wanting massive "finders' fees" before even revealing the names of investors) and it's nice to see a detailed analysis of the club and its future getting the exposure on a national site viewed around the world.

Cannon is/was a director of the club. I'm sure he was one of the movers that brought a certain Peter Johnson to GP, now that is a stain on any CV. I have seen some of his sensationalised statements before, there are some good points in what he has to say although he is a bit of a drama queen. His claim that we will be a championship side is quiet obviously ludicrous, as for his "Staying at Goodison takes Everton to being more like Tranmere Rovers than the Everton of old" is plainly stupid.

He has a habit of emphasising a valid point by the use of an undertone threat, that in my book suggests some personal involvement in the dealings taking place, could that be a financial one, I don't know. At no stage does he acknowledge the slightest possibility of GP being redeveloped and in failing to do that he detracts from the weight of his own arguments. Before any one asks I also think we have little option but to move but I want a twosided debate.:angry:

Last edited:
I have read the article and like anything else it is a persons viewpoint. But Monty as for redoing GP, be realistic here we do not have the money that is why BK is getting into bed with Terry Leahy!

You want a two sided debate well there are two sides to a £10 note, trouble is we need about 30,000,000 of them.

I would love us to stay at Goodison but it isnt gonna happen. Mr Bradley is letting off all sorts of soundbytes to higher his profile but absolutely [Poor language removed] all concrete is getting shown.

Knowsley Council have at least shown some balls. What the [Poor language removed] have Liverpool council done? They are too pre occupied with sucking the ringpiece of their beloved redshite.

Heh guys I think I said we've got no choice to leave but I laso think all, meaning all, avenues should be explored first, even the club have suggested it is possible to stay. What I don't want to see is some one who got it soooooo wrong last time out, namely Cannon, start scare mongering which is precisely what he is doing.

Im all for whats in the best interests of the club too mate. In fairness it wont be the same without getting off at Kirkdale. I feel for the local businesses.

I could handle the [Poor language removed] calling us wools (ironic, I know) if we had the infrastructure to be competing at the top of the table and enjoying Europe near enough every season. Admittedly some people throwing their two pence in have got their own interests at heart.

Found this earlier, I think its bloody brilliant

I know we've got to move but this little ditty gave a load of reasons not to go try this out for size

Song for Goodison Park

Don't want to go to Kirkby

Don't want to go to Speke

Don't want to go from all we know

In dear old Gwladys Street

We don't need a Tesco's, at our football club

All we want is to go to the match after being in the pub

We'll miss the hot dog vendors, the programme sellers to

The coppers nark and Stanley Park, and all that means to you

We've got all the history going back over all those years

The players in the Wilmslow supping down their beers

There's the statue of Dixie the best there's ever been