iOS - Pages freezing / unable to scroll

Bedfordblue

Player Valuation: ¥50m
Any one experiencing pages freezing with ios18?
Not sure if it’s a safari issue or just my hardware / software
95% of the time the pages scroll normally then every so often I’ll open a thread and have to refresh it as I can’t scroll the page / screen (but the refresh in address bar still works 🤔

Only seems to happen on GoT

Tbf I don’t use any other forums than Evertons premier fan forum!
Things like YouTube, bbc sounds, news websites etc all seem to be fine but like you say, probably less scrolling.
It’s very intermittent though so might just be a disproportionate amount of time on her is why I think it’s only happening on this site.

I've had the same freezing issue, very intermittent as you said. Seems fine after refreshing the page.

No issue with the reply function.

iOS 17.7

Upvote 0

Thanks for this, thats very helpful.

You're using a very old app, thats no longer supported.

All that app does, is open the forum within the app. I've never recommended it, even when new, for regular browsing.

Delete the app mate, and open the internet browser browse direct. When you visit the forum, you'll be prompted to download the actual new app/PWA app.

Upvote 0
Thanks for this, thats very helpful.

You're using a very old app, thats no longer supported.

All that app does, is open the forum within the app. I've never recommended it, even when new, for regular browsing.

Delete the app mate, and open the internet browser browse direct. When you visit the forum, you'll be prompted to download the actual new app/PWA app.
Link to new app doesn’t work?

Attachments

Upvote 0

Link to new app doesn’t work?

That's strange. I'll test it on an Iphone later when I can borrow one.

But this should work;

Steps to Install a PWA on iOS (Safari):​

1. Open Safari:Make sure you're using the Safari browser, as this is the only browser on iOS that supports PWA installation.
  2. Visit the Website:Navigate to the website that offers a PWA. The site needs to have a manifest file and service workers set up for it to be recognized as a PWA.
  3. Tap the "Share" Button:Once the website loads, tap the "Share" icon at the bottom center of the screen (a box with an upward arrow).
  4. Select "Add to Home Screen":Scroll through the options in the Share menu and select "Add to Home Screen."
  5. Confirm Installation:A preview will appear with the app’s icon and name. Tap "Add" in the top-right corner.
  6. Find the PWA on Your Home Screen:The PWA will now appear on your home screen like a native app. You can launch it directly from there.

Upvote 0

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back