Is Europe a Shout Next Season

Passports out and ready??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
The more I think about it, unless we're hamstrung with points deductions why shouldn't we be aiming at Europe?

More nil satis nisi optimum and less looking at the trap door all the time please Blues.

A marvellous up turn in form since the humiliation at Chelsea, if Dyche can get “his” players, and bypass the DoF who has wasted tens of millions, is it a possibility???

Could the gaffer lead us back to a nice European tour in the same year we take residence in our new home

Mate, this Everton squad couldn't get into Europe if Ryanair bought the club

Unfortunately we'll probably sell Branthwaite and that will leave a huge gap at the back plus Danjuma/Harrison may both leave so it will be a rebuild again.

No chance of Europe, FFP will do for us again

We're nine adrift of the European places on the pitch with three to play. Sixth and seventh have a game in hand.

We're skint, have no clue who the owner will be next season, and know we'll have to sell playing assets well in excess of purchases to avoid a points hit.

This does not sound like a solid foundation for moving up the table. Treading water and not sweating the last fixtures would be nice. It would be even better if we didn't need a Roberto-Martinez-at-Wigan late run to get there.

We should always aim high. Right now, 7th would constitute aiming high. If we can get the ownership stabilised it would help. A decent pre-season to build on the positivity we have built over the last few games, with some smart recruitment. Get Gana signed up for another year. Him and Garner in the middle, with 2 good replacements for Onana and Gomes. Keep Branthwaite. Bring Barkley in. Sort out the right side. Hopefully Pattinson can step up next season and be the attacking fullback we need, with a pacey young winger ahead of him. Loanerton and cutting some deadwood is fine if it keeps us afloat. A lot depends on Dom and Beto up front, with Chermitti coming through. If we can get them firing it will make a big difference.

Keep the likes of Jarrad and get someone who knows how to score then we aren't far off. Seriously why shouldn't we be aiming for Europe? Apart from the Arsenal we have the most clean sheets, conceded 4th least goals this season, if we had scored 20 more goals this season and without the points deduction I wonder what could have been.

The paramount importance to any progression next season Europe or top half is to keep Jarrad, Pickford, Myko, get a decent left back.

I don't even think it's fair to suggest this is a possibility

If it happens, it'd be a ridiculous overachievement given the state of the club and the context of what the manager has to work with. Unless there's a fundamental change in our circumstances, I wouldn't expect a single point more than is delivered this season.

Without our points deductions we'd be 10 points off 6th, 9 off 7th and 5 off 8th as things stand.

Being 5 points better off this time next season isn't unrealistic depending on how decimated our squad becomes over the summer.

It's a cheese on toast from me.

This club SHOULD be competing for Europe every season.

Take away the shitshow of a season we have had to endure , 2 lots of points deductions , 4 month barren spell with a 17 game winless run , our main striker not scoring for over 20 games there is some optimism for next season.

Best defence outside of the top 3 , Pickford having 12 clean sheets.
We have won as many games if not more than Brighton Palace Fulham & Brentford and only one win less than Chelsea West Ham Bournemouth & Wolves despite a very meager goals scored figure.

So yes it can & should be achievable with the right recruitment , better governance and big improvement in converting chances throughout the forward line.

Is it likely ?.....Until this ownership is sorted & professionals are brought in its unlikely.

But I maintain we SHOULD be competing for Europe every season.

Another relegation battle again next season, if we have to sell to stay afloat it could be tough, but without the a point deduction we should hopefully be alright with ganes to spare