Is Unsie's attitude right for the first team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue1948

Player Valuation: £35m
Is he making a team to win the 23's and forsaking the step up ? Are they all happy on their wages and the plaudits ?Being honest how many will step up ? I know that the percentage is always small but are we missing something .Yes it is good to breed a winning mentality ,I accept that .

I’m fairly sure if the management thought his approach was fundamentally wrong he’d be told to change his approach.

While it is important to have coaches who understand Everton, Unsworth should be told to play exactly how our first team setup tactics wise.

Regardless of results. Or get out.

The focus should be preparing our best individual players to make the setup to first team, or play mans football on loan/ sold with buyback.

Unsworth keeping players in the u23s so he can win meaningless trophies actually hinders potential of our players.

What I’ve said previously. In my opinion the best youth teams don’t care if they win.

They’re judged on implementation of style of play, and developing as an individual player.

Is he making a team to win the 23's and forsaking the step up ? Are they all happy on their wages and the plaudits ?Being honest how many will step up ? I know that the percentage is always small but are we missing something .Yes it is good to breed a winning mentality ,I accept that .
@blue1948 .Its been the same for years.Silva and Brands will be over looking the “ reserves” training and development.
If they’re good enough they will be promoted to the first team squad.

He seems to produce defensive players that can step in and fill the gaps for a few games (lots of teams don’t even get that from their academy), but our record for attacking players as of late has been very poor. Sooner or later we need to produce something from the academy that can compete in the first team.

He seems to produce defensive players that can step in and fill the gaps for a few games (lots of teams don’t even get that from their academy), but our record for attacking players as of late has been very poor. Sooner or later we need to produce something from the academy that can compete in the first team.

...the skill set for forwards is so very different, every club is trying to unearth those diamonds but they are are a rare commodity.

Interestingly there was an uncle of one of the youth team players who posted on here for a while, said Unsworth was a proper bully and total opposite to the "Unsssssssy" man of people he was doing when he thought he was going to get the main job full time

Status
Not open for further replies.