It's a grand old team before kick off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grown to hate the song over the years which ive always consideed to have been been copied from celtic. It was only occasionally sang in the mid 80's but has become a permanent feature. Even now it's only ever sung half heartedly and tapers off before you get to the end.

I hate the colour the blue and the name Everton. Wouldn't mind changing both, do absolutely nothing for me.

Don't mind me, just thought I'd join in with the self-loathing going on in this thread. Had to check that that this was still an Everton forum...

Always found it a bit Benny Hill/George Formby, apt for the comedy that generally unfolds on the park I suppose... needs to be dragged into the present, get Madlib to do a remix or something

image.webp
Allergic Reaction Symptom Face

It is a bit naff when the atmospheres rubbish, like. And Saturday was as rubbish as it's been in a while.

I miss the roar when we used to actually run out to Z-Cars. Instead of the polite clapping as the players trudge out, and then line up for the "fair play handshake" with the fair play handshake music. (n)

But maybe that's one for a "Minor Everton things that make you fume" thread.

This is what has killed a lot of fired up energy in the premier league before K.O.
if you play z cars and everyone gets fired up, it is often followed by five minutes of fair play handshakes and a minutes silence for someones dog who passed away during the week.
At this point people have headed back downstairs for a pint of p*ss.

Always found it a bit Benny Hill/George Formby, apt for the comedy that generally unfolds on the park I suppose... needs to be dragged into the present, get Madlib to do a remix or something

Not heard of that person but I've got an image in my headof someone rapping to Grand old team with a backwards baseball hat in an attempt to make it down wiv da kidz

Play grand old team before kick off but don't have Z cars cutting into it because the levels aren't the same and it makes z cars seem quieter. What they should do is just have a minute of silence before starting z cars, imagine the roar when it finally hits and the drums will sound much better. I am gonna contact the club about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back