2017/18 James McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you even an Everton fan ??.... referring to premier league matches as dead rubbers when there's only 9 games gone and an extra 9 points from 3 very winnable games would send us shooting up the table ... a new manager as well.... btw I'm Irish and Everton always comes 1st for me

Of course I’m an Everton fan, but let’s be honest, we’re off to a shocker this season. We won’t be anywhere near where we should be, and once the 40 point mark is achieved what follows will be dead rubber.

Ireland on the other hand are on the brink of a first World Cup in years - while it’s the weakest squad of player we’ve had in years, the sheer drive, heart and resilience that O’Neill’s team possesses is something that hopefully Unsworth, or the next Everton manager can instill into the team. James McCarthy can be one of Ireland’s best players on his day, and if he proves his fitness by getting game time from now until November 11th/14th, well then I really hope he plays and makes a difference - he could be just the type of DM needed to nullify Erikesen.

Are you even an Everton fan ??.... referring to premier league matches as dead rubbers when there's only 9 games gone and an extra 9 points from 3 very winnable games would send us shooting up the table ... a new manager as well.... btw I'm Irish and Everton always comes 1st for me

Sounds to me like is on the wind up lol

Of course I’m an Everton fan, but let’s be honest, we’re off to a shocker this season. We won’t be anywhere near where we should be, and once the 40 point mark is achieved what follows will be dead rubber.

Ireland on the other hand are on the brink of a first World Cup in years - while it’s the weakest squad of player we’ve had in years, the sheer drive, heart and resilience that O’Neill’s team possesses is something that hopefully Unsworth, or the next Everton manager can instill into the team. James McCarthy can be one of Ireland’s best players on his day, and if he proves his fitness by getting game time from now until November 11th/14th, well then I really hope he plays and makes a difference - he could be just the type of DM needed to nullify Erikesen.
We're off to a shocker so let's just give up ?????:eek::eek::eek:......again you do realise there's only 9 games gone ... we're only 6 points off 7th, with not even a quarter of the season gone... 3 wins on the spin which is not beyond our capabilities and we're right back in the mix... if everyone adopted your attitude we'd be in the Vauxhall conference or whatever it's called now

We're off to a shocker so let's just give up ?????:eek::eek::eek:......again you do realise there's only 9 games gone ... we're only 6 points off 7th, with not even a quarter of the season gone... 3 wins on the spin which is not beyond our capabilities and we're right back in the mix... if everyone adopted your attitude we'd be in the Vauxhall conference or whatever it's called now

Three points of 7th... talk about aspirations. I suppose we can embarrass ourselves in the Europa again next season if we finish 7th!!

Three points of 7th... talk about aspirations. I suppose we can embarrass ourselves in the Europa again next season if we finish 7th!!
Didn't say we should be aiming for 7th... I stated we're only 6 points off 7th with 29 games left .... still a lot left to play for , ... you seem to be a very negative person with comments like let's embarrass ourselves in the Europa league again.... ya let's all give up on a European place next season , just because we have had a bad run this season, let's not try anymore... why don't we just fold as a club altogether.. just don't get your attitude..... we're more than capable of a top 6 finish, and we're more than good enough to compete at Europa league level

If someone asks you on your holiday where you are from, you wouldn’t reply “I’m from the 26 County Republic”, you’d just say Ireland. But that’s irrelevant to this thread.

What is relevant is the fact that a fit Jimmy Mac in midfield is a good thing for Ireland and a bad thing for Denmark, who knows Everton might get a few mill extra if James puts in a shift at the WC and eventually moves on.
The issue with McCarthy is not so much that he put's country before club. I think 99% of professional footballers see representing their country as the pinnacle of their careers, so it would be wrong to single him out for this. McCarthy's problem is that he has consistently shown himself to be reckless in declaring himself fit to play for country, when he has not been deemed fit to play for his club. It's not just happened once, it's happened 3 or 4 times during the last 3 seasons. For me, this is disrespectful to both Everton and our fans. I too hope ROI get through to the world cup and he stays fit long enough to have a good tournament, if it means it increases the price we can get for him. Any player who takes risks with his own fitness like he does will always be injury prone and we need to get shut at the earliest opportunity IMO.

Sorry that’s utter rubbish my friend.
I’m from Dublin and anytime I’m asked where I’m from I say I’m from the 26 countys
Infact anyone I know says the same .
How do you fill out online forms when it asks for the country?

Im from Dublin and from Ireland. Iv never spoken to anyone that said Im from the 26 counties. laughable in this day n age im sorry

Well I’m born bred and lived in Dublin for 57 yrs
If anyone asks me where I’m from I say ireland

Indeed.

Just as anyone born and bred in Belfast is also from Ireland.

Comes to that.....some people born and bred in Liverpool, yours truly included, are often heard to claim they are from the capital of Ireland :dance:

In football terms though there is no such team as “Ireland” no matter how much people in the 26 counties might like to think so.

There is the Republic of Ireland......and there is Northern Ireland.

(although I appreciate the fact people will use the shorthand and just say Ireland are playing when one or other have a match on)

That there should be one team in Ireland is, IMO, an absolute given.

Speed the day.

Just like the rugby and most other sports in Ireland.

But as things stand, there are two teams.

And when they next play I actually like the thoughts of billing it as a 26 County XI v a 6 County XI :dance:

Merseyside might as well pull out of the Premiership this season, we have started badly, our neighbours are falling apart so what is the point.

Although Liverpool I have noticed in recent seasons do not ever concede the title until around March, even though they may be twenty points behind by then.

For Everton it is all a completely new ball game.
Yes, we had targets at the start of the season, but they are gone now.... as is the manager.

This season is now about settling in a new manager and settling in all the players that came in the summer.

I see that RK blamed the sale of Lukaku on his demise.

I would blame the failure to sign any similar striker at all as a major factor.
The signing of so many players while losing so many others to injury was also a huge factor.
The man management issues which have been emerging since his departure certainly have not helped.

The only thing I am happy about was his failure to sign Giroud.

Uh the problem with McCarthy is that we've got several better defensive midfielders and we could sell him for 15-20M.

Add in the Irish national team issues and we need to sell him in January. But the idea that he'd be better to shut down anyone than Gana, Morgan, maybe even Beni at this point, is kind of silly. Good player, but we need to sell some of the central middies to pay for a legit CB and CF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back