Not open for further replies.
Danny Murphy quote after the Derby -

1. HOME
  2. EVERTON NEWS
Everton: Danny Murphy claims James Rodriguez was exploited in derby
f04be3fa21ab3387cf591799ef9ee5e9

ByAdam Clancy
Posted on October 18, 2020
Everton: Danny Murphy claims James Rodriguez was exploited in derby - Everton News

Danny Murphy has claimed that James Rodriguez was exploited in the Merseyside derby due to his lack of willingness to track back.

I mean not really, it's Doucoure's job to cover the right side for the most part. It's James's job to be available for outballs and transition us into attack.

Hopefully we hear more in the press conference tomorow.

Hopefully he may say its 50/50 and he has a chance of making it.

I don’t think there will be a press conference mate. That was it. We never do interviews like that just solely for weekends game on a Thursday. Think media have been told to stay away, hopefully.

I don’t think there will be a press conference mate. That was it. We never do interviews like that just solely for weekends game on a Thursday. Think media have been told to stay away hopefully.

Can't see it mate - why would we do that?

The press would be all over it it true.

Wijnaldum Mina, who is also a team-mate of VVD James for the Netherlands Colombia, said: "Of course we are upset. The way Pickford VVD went in was completely stupid.

"I believe he did not want to injure Virgil James the way he injured him.

"In my opinion, they take it too far in the games we play against them. Everyone wants to win the derby, sometimes you go a little over the top, but it was too much - not only his tackle, Richarlison Robertson on Thiago Allan was also a nasty one.

"Accidents can happen in football. You can be unlucky and injure someone - but the way they were doing it was completely unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.