2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
? Not at all, just never been one for blind adulation. Thought he took his goal very well but did little else, sorry if that goes against the narrative

This really.

His goal got us back to 0-0, after he contributed nothing in the first 45 minutes.

If Gylfi had produced that performance the narrative would be very different. There have been times when he’s scored winners (not just an equaliser) and the first thing people say is “good thing he scored because he was crap otherwise”.

1.Anyone who’s says ‘’baller’’ is either a wool or a fifa gimp, honestly one of the snidest shouts ive ever heard, people think it’s ok now. imagine saying that on a happy Al’s 10 years ago, pathetic.

2. There’s not still, he still always be a “baller”

Hahahahahahahahaha why, what would’ve happened? Would some moody top scouse da grumble under his breath to his mate about it?

Had a shocker in the first half (I think the tactics as as much as anything but he was very wasteful).

However, he’ll always always have moments that can turn any game, no matter how he’s playing.

That’s his class showing. It’s hard to trust it when he’s struggling but it’ll always happen.

This really.

His goal got us back to 0-0, after he contributed nothing in the first 45 minutes.

If Gylfi had produced that performance the narrative would be very different. There have been times when he’s scored winners (not just an equaliser) and the first thing people say is “good thing he scored because he was crap otherwise”.

Yeah, James was poor yesterday.

I really don't think playing central suits unless it's how he played v Wolves - basically just off the forward.

I saw the logic yesterday and in the first 15 mins he got on the ball a lot. But when he's central he tends to drop deep. That shouldn't have been an issue yesterday if he was at his best because the pass was on to Richarlison a lot, but he wasn't at his best and every time he dropped back, he had two men on him.

Say it time and time again, he can't do anything in that situation other than pass it. He's not got the pace to do anything from that situation. So it's either pick out a Hollywood pass or give it simple/try and win a foul.

Took his goal brilliantly and it's that moment of quality which I don't think any of our other players can deliver - the touch and finish were sublime.

He'll know he didn't have his best game. And on Wednesday I'd like to see him played on the right again, because that's his best position.

Let's get Scott Gemmill And Pembridge back, proper footballers don't belong here, what are we thinking

That's my thing mate

Some people here are like vultures just waiting for the opportunity to jump on him as soon as he is playing poorly

We are better off without him

He is a passenger we can't carry

Bring on Siggy, he'd be bossing this game

We are way worse with

We don't win with him

I can see why top clubs don't want him

He can't perform in away matches

Made his name in the world cup scoring against mediocre countries

Geez man. Lad has been phenomenal for us and some here are foaming at the mouth to tear him apart after a bad half

If you're under 45, you've not really seen many brilliant Everton footballers. Truth be told, there's an entire generation that's been reared on Tony Hibbert, Seamus Coleman, Lee Carsley, and other honest purveyors of mediocrity. These players - all great servants - represent the bar for many, and this is as good a measure of our decline as a top-class football club since the 1980s when we last had a group of genuinely gifted players as anything else.

James will be lost on many of these people. At a club where people were getting excited about John Oster and Tony Grant, James will always be an exotic fish out of water.

Having a dig but still using their own rubbish of pre-assist, need to jib that.

A pre-assist is a thing. The actual stat will go down as 'chance created', as it's a 'key pass' - a key pass is the ball which leads to the chance.

For example, that opener we score against Crystal Palace doesn't happen without James playing that superb reverse pass into Coleman. It's basically a way of quantifying that.

Have to rest (bench) him against Spurs / Fulham i think and save him for City and the RS.

I'd rather have him available to get through Fulham and take three points.

Easier to get three points against Fulham than it is City or Liverpool. And I imagine we'll set up against City in a rather defensive manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back