2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt call him a horrible tosser mate, I don't know him from Adam, Neither does anyone on here, That includes you. So please don't tell me, like it's a fact that he is anything other than professional.. when he clearly isn't. Pros don't smoke, Vaping, smoking, drugs, booze or poor diets should be out for elite sports people in this day and age, this isn't the sixties, players and sports scientists know what's dangerous and what's not. Athletes are told what to eat, drink and to keep them in tip top condition..to respect themselves...and the clubs who pay them..that's the very least they should do.....look sfter themselves, they are worth a good deal of money and are payed very, very well for just that. I agree totally though that I would much rather seeing him on the bench than yet another keeper. My inane posting may have sounded a little like I am angry,^^^ I'm not, I'm just not terrific at trying to explain stuff. Enjoy your night Toff.

I know mate, wasn't directed at you that sorry, and no I didn't think you sounded angry - no need to apologise, this is a forum and it's all about opinions!

I don't know what vaping does. I don't personally think one pic of someone vaping on holiday makes him entirely unprofessional. Going by that, the vast majority of pro sportspeople aren't actually 'professional' at all. That photo i posted of Ronaldo, the 'poster boy' for professionalism (I mean, bar the old rape allegations mind), and he was drinking from a bottle of champagne.

I don't think vaping is suddenly going to cause him to break down. I'd be more concerned by diet, training load etc. But as you rightly say we don't know anything about that, only James and the club do as they're the ones who set the training.

Would I rather him not vape? Sure. But I don't know if he does it constantly. Don't know what he does. I don't think it's the end of the world at all.

The most 'professional' player in the squad is probably Tom Davies. Doesn't bevvy, eats vegan, loves his yoga, just skates around taking photos and wearing dodgy clobber. And he gets plenty of grief from the fanbase.

So it seems some lads here like to hammer James but can’t take It when someone hammers back and take it personal because that’s exactly what has happened with @R.Reddington as he decided to PM the message below but he seems to be too coward to post his sentiments in the open.

View attachment 138308

But since I’m such a pity of a woman and have no shame let me respond to you here. There is no need to feel sorry for my family, they are loved and cared for. So keep your concerns for your own family I don’t need your concerns for mine.
Omg.... its *petty @R.Reddington

Hearing he may be isolating after his trip, not sure how that’s possible though if he’s vaccinated, right? I’m hoping he is in the team on Monday, bringing all this to an end. I’m not even sure Benitez has that much of an issue with him in all honesty, I guess we will find out soon. There are so many hillbilly wannabe reporters out there nowadays.

If he's double vaccinated, he won't need to isolate.

If he isn't (we don't know either way, the club obviously will) he'll have to isolate today (assuming he got back today) and tomorrow and do a 'test to release' (which he'd be testing through the club anyway) to get out for Thursday. Same as Allan, who has also been to an amber list country.

Of course it's personal; he doesn't like him. No work rate, low effort, constantly injured or can't be arsed playing, can't be relied on, is on mega money to boot.

Loads of managers have 'types' they like to work with; James and Benitez are an 'oil and water' combo.
Don't recall the shouts of no work rate, low effort, can't be arsed or can't be relied upon in relation to James at the start of last season or at anfield or old Trafford later on? Funny how he's suddenly become the laziest, greediest turd in world football isn't it?!

Surely people can see the folly in letting a potential attacking outlet for us leave, outside our transfer window so we cannot replace him, and then actually help the Turkish side out in relation to his wages?!?

It's a farce, but many are readying the yachts/jets to take him over there themselves, if they could!

Benitez should put his ego aside and use the lad, when and where appropriate - there will be occasions when he would do a proper job on the field for us.

What we definitely shouldn't be doing is entertaining a terrible loan deal, where we still pay part of his wages.

Last edited:

I know mate, wasn't directed at you that sorry, and no I didn't think you sounded angry - no need to apologise, this is a forum and it's all about opinions!

I don't know what vaping does. I don't personally think one pic of someone vaping on holiday makes him entirely unprofessional. Going by that, the vast majority of pro sportspeople aren't actually 'professional' at all. That photo i posted of Ronaldo, the 'poster boy' for professionalism (I mean, bar the old rape allegations mind), and he was drinking from a bottle of champagne.

I don't think vaping is suddenly going to cause him to break down. I'd be more concerned by diet, training load etc. But as you rightly say we don't know anything about that, only James and the club do as they're the ones who set the training.

Would I rather him not vape? Sure. But I don't know if he does it constantly. Don't know what he does. I don't think it's the end of the world at all.

The most 'professional' player in the squad is probably Tom Davies. Doesn't bevvy, eats vegan, loves his yoga, just skates around taking photos and wearing dodgy clobber. And he gets plenty of grief from the fanbase.
Wish I could like that twice, Its nice to have civil chats sometimes. I can't say I don't agree with most of what you said. ...I think that means we sort of agree ??
Less goal keepers on the bench !!! I guess this is up to him and Benitez to Bury whatever went on between them, Everton comes first and a fit and fully able James would Deffo be an asset.

Right, bed time. Nah night all x

It's hard to have an opinon when you don't know what's happening behind the scenes.

Would love to see him in the team on Monday though!

Apparently he won't be. Reports are he misses the next two games due to not being COVID secure on holiday, which is what I expected. Club can't risk an idiot on an international break mixing with his idiot mates and coming back contaminating the entire squad.

Apparently he won't be. Reports are he misses the next two games due to not being COVID secure on holiday, which is what I expected. Club can't risk an idiot on an international break mixing with his idiot mates and coming back contaminating the entire squad.
"Reports"....

How was it not 'COVID secure'?

The club have allowed him - authorised - him to go to Ibiza. Allan has been authorised to go to Disneyworld.

The club will have been totally aware of where they were going, and would have authorised it beforehand.

He doesn't have to isolate based on the UK rules, if he's double vaccinated, and neither will Allan. If not, they'll have to do two days, and then test to release.

So go on, you have to have a go at Allan too, Tubey, if you're believing those reports.

How was it not 'COVID secure'?

The club have allowed him - authorised - him to go to Ibiza. Allan has been authorised to go to Disneyworld.

The club will have been totally aware of where they were going, and would have authorised it beforehand.

He doesn't have to isolate based on the UK rules, if he's double vaccinated, and neither will Allan. If not, they'll have to do two days, and then test to release.

So go on, you have to have a go at Allan too, Tubey, if you're believing those reports.

I'm not believing anything, I'm stating what I've read.

If it were me, during the pandemic, I'd not have a player allowed on that holiday for the above reasons, as you 'pop the bubble'. I'm not talking about UK rules, I'm talking about club rules.

After all this drama, the only thing that's certain is the other James Rodriguez will score on Monday, setting the commentator up for a nice little quip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back