2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Pipe guy is unknown in Colombia . I can't take Him seriously , why would hames go to UAE when he could have taken that portugal team (not Porto , the other) and still be in europe ? James can barely speak a decent spanish , what is he checking by himself over there that his agent can't (and should)?

Just imagine a prima dona , used to europe and all the benefits of wéstern society living in a muslim country with a totally diferent culture /language and most imoortantly , several individual restrictions... Nope, imo not hapening
I can imagine living in Dubai would actually really appeal to James and the kind of lifestyle he seems to value. And they’ll pay him a crazy amount of money and he won’t get taxed

He doesn’t want to be here. I don’t think it’s fair the manager takes all the flak for that.

He even said to the club’s official media channel “I wouldn’t have come if not for Carlo”.
And that was an answer to the question "are you going to stay at everton" after carlo left.

Benitez doh.

And that was an answer to the question "are you going to stay at everton" after carlo left.

Benitez doh.

Nobody is saying James is ecstatic to be here.

The argument is why are Everton so desperate for him to leave when we can't replace him.

And if Benitez thinks he wouldn't use him between now and January at all, when we're already really, really short and missing our best two attackers, then that's on Benitez.

I'm happy for James to go if we can replace him. We currently can't for four months, and that's in a window our DoF famously doesn't like doing business in.

Mate Profit and Loss rules end this season for the new rules on wages/luxury tax.

Moshiri can rack up as much losses as he wants chasing the dream of europe so he deem fit providing the wage bill is in order which we are well on our way to doing - hence why your boy is an unwanted noose around our neck.
They don't though? They've been relaxed because of COVID so that the losses can be spread over a four-year period.

Moshiri absolutely cannot and will not 'rack up as much losses as he wants' because frankly why would any businessman do that?

He's already pumped £500m into the squad and we're crap. His money, and Usmanov's money, is in the stadium and the property development around that. And that's fine, we need to be sustainable as a club. But thinking we're out of the woods next year is crazy too.

We'll be better off, sure, in terms of the wage bill. But we aren't suddenly going to have tons of money to spend without sales.

Nobody is saying James is ecstatic to be here.

The argument is why are Everton so desperate for him to leave when we can't replace him.

And if Benitez thinks he wouldn't use him between now and January at all, when we're already really, really short and missing our best two attackers, then that's on Benitez.

I'm happy for James to go if we can replace him. We currently can't for four months, and that's in a window our DoF famously doesn't like doing business in.
Why do you want to support a player who signs his own sick notes

I swear, some people on here would apologise to James for interrupting if they came home to find him smashing their wife.

What has he got to apologise for if he was at the airport because we're shipping him off to the UAE?

Isn't that exactly what he should be doing in that case?

If fit we need him at least as a squad player. With DCL and Richarlison missing we need someone that can win us games. Gray and Townsend have done well but they can't be expected to do it all. It can't be good for James missing game after game surely some compromise can be reached.

yep looks you were right mate, I can't believe we were still trying to ship him to the middle east. It's total madness really is.

Not saying he wants to be here. But do it in January when you are able to get a replacement in.
Again.... we don't need a replacement for a player who was never going to play. It's like saying we'd be desperate for a Delph replacement if he had left.

This is very unsatisfactory though. He had an opportunity to go to play at a decent standard in August when we could have reinvested money, but now is potentially heading to play in an extremely poor league. I think it shows a lack of hunger.

Again.... we don't need a replacement for a player who was never going to play. It's like saying we'd be desperate for a Delph replacement if he had left.

This is very unsatisfactory though. He had an opportunity to go to play at a decent standard in August when we could have reinvested money, but now is potentially heading to play in an extremely poor league. I think it shows a lack of hunger.
And therein lies the issue that I have, Tim, when our front four on Saturday wouldn't have been out of place in a bottom six side.

It's on nobody but Everton. We can make out that he should have gone to Porto but that deal was never going to happen regardless with Diaz. Porto's chairman wanted the buy out clause of €68m. We can't afford that.

Would have been better for all parties had he gone there but we'd still have been paying him to play for somebody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.