2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, I think this goes through today.

But fans need to wake up and realise, this ain't all on the player. Is he partly culpable? Sure. But we're losing an outrageously good player, while at the same time bemoaning us getting knocked out of the cup by a second-string QPR side, while we can't bring anyone in for at least three months. Oh, and our best 2 attackers are out for the foreseeable future too.

But fans need to wake up and realise, this ain't all on the player. Is he partly culpable? Sure. But we're losing an outrageously good player, while at the same time bemoaning us getting knocked out of the cup by a second-string QPR side, while we can't bring anyone in for at least three months. Oh, and our best 2 attackers are out for the foreseeable future too.
Happy days then :pint2:

£100k a week = £5m a year which when you consider the cost of tranfers or even loan signings, it’s not huge. Difference is it’s going to the play and not another club.
I just want players that want to be here.
In all honesty after november last year, the football was terrible, the lack of fans probably gave him very little to fall in love with.

But that has stopped us from being able to move in the transfer market due to FFP.

James is (allegedly) on £150k a week and not playing. An issue granted.

But when you've also got players on 90-100k a week -
Gomes
Sigurdsson
Delph
Keane
Allan
Mina
Digne

A chunk aren't good enough. 3 of them aren't playing. We can't sell them (no one will pay the wages), so they do more damage in terms of being able to rebuild.

If we had just the one James-style issue, it would be manageable. We don't. We have a number who aren't worth the wages

But that has stopped us from being able to move in the transfer market due to FFP.

James is (allegedly) on £150k a week and not playing. An issue granted.

But when you've also got players on 90-100k a week -
Gomes
Sigurdsson
Delph
Keane
Allan
Mina
Digne

A chunk aren't good enough. 3 of them aren't playing. We can't sell them (no one will pay the wages), so they do more damage in terms of being able to rebuild.

If we had just the one James-style issue, it would be manageable. We don't. We have a number who aren't worth the wages

Aren't worth the wages and we must be the worst club in the world for actually selling a player... never seen a club loose so many players on free transfers as its the only way we can get them off the books.

Terrible.

Thanks for that, happy days ?

Will be interesting to see what the deal is. If it is the widely reported loan with Everton paying 50% of his wages then that is yet another fail for Everton.

Since when did paying players to not play for you become a thing? We've been doing it for a few years now.

We are without doubt the worst club at selling players. I have never seen so many players leave on a free transfer, we literally recoup nothing.

Will be interesting to see what the deal is. If it is the widely reported loan with Everton paying 50% of his wages then that is yet another fail for Everton.

Since when did paying players to not play for you become a thing? We've been doing it for a few years now.

It'll either be a loan but they'll be covering his wage or he'll have left on a free.

If there is any even remote possibility we are paying him to play in Qatar, the board need lining up and shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.