2022/23 James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
The derby is a prime example.
He was woeful, couldnt find a blue shirt and kept making fouls in silly area's. Yet Coady got the brunt of the blame for that performance
His passing was dreadful but still shone through for his defensive performance. Coady deserved the blame for basically refusing to clear a routine ball.
Coady against Villa also killed us off. Tarks is not the problem and quite rightly will probably get player of the season for us.

Yes along with Pickford, I think Tarks has been the most consistent performer worthy of any praise this year.

He's been pretty much what I expected him to be. Just an old skool, no nonsense defender. Never going to be a modern, pacy, high line type player threading killer balls through midfield, but we haven't got players around him to play like that anyhow.

He's a threat from set pieces, his shot blocking, heading, and clearance stats show he reads the game well, doesn't give away stupid fouls or look liable for a silly red card, and he's generally a composed calming influence around a team lacking in confidence. Made the odd mistake that has lead to a goal, but that's what happens when you're scrapping around the bottom of the table and you can't make the ball stick up in the oppositions half.

Yes along with Pickford, I think Tarks has been the most consistent performer worthy of any praise this year.

He's been pretty much what I expected him to be. Just an old skool, no nonsense defender. Never going to be a modern, pacy, high line type player threading killer balls through midfield, but we haven't got players around him to play like that anyhow.

He's a threat from set pieces, his shot blocking, heading, and clearance stats show he reads the game well, doesn't give away stupid fouls or look liable for a silly red card, and he's generally a composed calming influence around a team lacking in confidence. Made the odd mistake that has lead to a goal, but that's what happens when you're scrapping around the bottom of the table and you can't make the ball stick up in the oppositions half.
Here here.

I listened to a radio commentary of the game and it was all Tarkowski clearing his lines and stuff.
I think he is a tremendous player for us, hard as nails and with an eye for goal too.

Status
Not open for further replies.