2023/24 James Tarkowski

Fantastic player and so important for Jareds development as well. A huge part factor in young centre halves fulfilling their potential is being lucky enough to get to play alongside a proper partner as early as possible. Tarky is a fantastic pro
Tarky playing Waggy to Branthwaite's Rhino. Think Jarrad will end up considerably better though. Maybe Jags to Branners' Stones

excellent Captain, just what we have been missing for years
I think it suits him being on field captain and organiser, and leading by example, but maybe leaving all the behind closed doors stuff to Seamus (or at least share the load). He can concentrate on the on-pitch stuff. A lot of tension at FF the last month I guess, with players suddenly plunged back into a relegation fight (which inevitably might make some have a quiet word with agents, or have a quick scan over their contract).

They’ve both seemingly handled these difficulties brilliantly. We’ve had a few slightly vanilla looking CB back signings over the decades that have turned out to be warriors for the club. He’s heading that way too.

My favourite player now. Just solid and trustworthy. Never misses a match
Yeah, he's a proper leader, a real man's man. He leads by example. There's no shouting and roaring - he leaves that to his equally excellent goalkeeper - but he directs traffic and shows people how it's done. There's no fake finger-pointing from him. He gives his all. Is he our on-field captain? I can't remember anymore - I've taken no notice. But he should remain that even if the club captain returns.

Yeah, he's a proper leader, a real man's man. He leads by example. There's no shouting and roaring - he leaves that to his equally excellent goalkeeper - but he directs traffic and shows people how it's done. There's no fake finger-pointing from him. He gives his all. Is he our on-field captain? I can't remember anymore - I've taken no notice. But he should remain that even if the club captain returns.

Coleman is captain when he plays and rightly so. Tarks an excellent deputy.

"When he plays".

I'm Irish. Seamus has been a great servant for Everton and the national team. But he's basically finished, way past it now. I wish it were otherwise, but there's not much left in the old warrior.
I don't disagree and imagine it's his last season with us as a player. I just think when he is on the pitch he should be the captain.