James Vaughan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bainsey

Player Valuation: £20m
Looked a different player today, still think hes the better of the young two and today proved how much potential he still does have, and god blimey i didnt realise how fast he was until he sprinted the whole pitch to then clatter there keeper :o:lol:

Vaughan's aggression is so refreshing, he definitely changed the game for us today. It just shows us what we've been missing when he's been injured.

Vaughan is definitely better than Anichebe! Not to say that Anichebe is bad, but Vaughan has what it takes to be a starter at Everton.

whats wrong with Anichebe ATM?

I realy hope hes fit for the Brann games, he makes a huge impact when he comes on. think Vaughan is the better starter though.

That overhead kick would've been a bit special if it'd gone in, the lad did well soon after coming on when he got passed his man and put that low cross in for Cahill as well.

Anybody know his goals-to-games statistics? I'm sure it's pretty impressive given how sparingly he's been used. I was disappointed that he didn't start today but he certainly strengthened his case with his performance.

Start

Agree with the consensus. The lad definitely deserves a start. Seems to get Ossie more involved aswell as we were holding the ball up better in the final third. Looks so much more of a natural than any of the forwards we've got imo. Will always make things happen, and seems to instictively know when to give and when to go for it. The cross for Cahill and the overhead kick being prime examples as they were the best options available at the time.

I'd love to see this lineup right now

-----------Howard------------
--------------------------------
Neville--Yobo--Jagielka--Lescott
Arteta--Osman--Manny--Pienaar
--------Yakubu--Vaughan------

This is assuming that Baines is not fit (I hope we just give him the surgery already, it's obvious he needs it).

I'd love to see this lineup right now

-----------Howard------------
Neville--Yobo--Jagielka--Lescott
Arteta--Osman--Manny--Pienaar
--------Yakubu--Vaughan------

This is assuming that Baines is not fit (I hope we just give him the surgery already, it's obvious he needs it).

It won't be long coming now that Vaughn is finding his strength(y)

He did really well yesterday, in fact, it's rare that he doesnt come on and make a difference.
The other thing I like about him is that he gets the crowd going, not quite ala Gravesen but certainly tries to wind things up.

When we scored, the players were just in front of where I sit in the LGS and James, while celebrating with the lads was also facing the crowd with clenched fist, getting everyone going, so to speak. He did the same thing a couple of times later and indeed at the final whistle.

I wonder why he never gets his own song/chant? Can't be that hard can it?:huh:

James Vaughan, James Vaughan, James Vaughan, James Vaughan.

He did really well yesterday, in fact, it's rare that he doesnt come on and make a difference.
The other thing I like about him is that he gets the crowd going, not quite ala Gravesen but certainly tries to wind things up.

When we scored, the players were just in front of where I sit in the LGS and James, while celebrating with the lads was also facing the crowd with clenched fist, getting everyone going, so to speak. He did the same thing a couple of times later and indeed at the final whistle.

I wonder why he never gets his own song/chant? Can't be that hard can it?:huh:

James Vaughan, James Vaughan, James Vaughan, James Vaughan.

From Grease "you're the Vaughan that i want ooh ooh ooh....." Erm Sorry!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back