January 2015 transfer window ( No GIFs allowed )(Nor fish puns ffs)

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 28206
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

If you're talking about Naismith then I think that's a bit harsh. Naismith has earned his place, nothing to do with being a teachers pet.

when has he earned his place? first 4 games of the season? he has done sod all since then except score two goals. He is a impact sub at best or a rotational option when ross is tired. He can't pass and runs round like a headless chicken.

off the bench I think he can be dangerous but constant starter it just unbalanced the side.

That being..? Mirallas with his 8? Or Osman and Baines with 4? Or maybe just lump it back onto Lukaku since he was second in the team with 6 assists last season.

Because it sure wasnt Barkley with his whopping 0 assists last year.

Never said it was. Just a continuation of my general bewilderment at this season!

when has he earned his place? first 4 games of the season? he has done sod all since then except score two goals. He is a impact sub at best or a rotational option when ross is tired. He can't pass and runs round like a headless chicken.

off the bench I think he can be dangerous but constant starter it just unbalanced the side.

Disagree mate. I think the unbalance has come from Ross being played out wide. Ross has been poor, on this season's form I'd have had Naismith through the middle and Ross dropped. When they're both playing at their best I'd agree and have Ross with Naismith as backup but this season Naismith has earned his place ahead of Barkley.

Agree with this totally.

Granted Ross has hardly pulled up any trees since coming back but playing several games out of posistion then the team being majorly out of form hasn't helped him whatsoever.

Naismith's early season streak has lead to him playing more than he should, being included even out of posistion! It's ridiculous management.

He is an excellent squad player/impact sub but that's all.

Ross as he proved last season is our best No.10. Even if not making large assist stats, his direct running etc created goals. When out of form or it's not going for him get Naismith on for something different. And play wingers on the wing!

I'd be fuming if I was an efc player this season and my managers decisions were making me and several of my fellow pros look so [Poor language removed].

I had discussion in the pub last night which turned to Bob Latchford and Davie Thomas. Does anybody know how many goals he supplied to Bob when he scored his 30 goals ?

Disagree mate. I think the unbalance has come from Ross being played out wide. Ross has been poor, on this season's form I'd have had Naismith through the middle and Ross dropped. When they're both playing at their best I'd agree and have Ross with Naismith as backup but this season Naismith has earned his place ahead of Barkley.

but that's what I mean you are forcing ross out wide to accommodate naismith in the middle. where we should be playing two wingers and ross in te middle and bringing naismith on as a impact sub to play the pockets in between the midfield and defence.

playing naismith centrally also takes away from lukaku as they have no chemistry and are both only concerned about doing one thing this which is scoring goals.

naismith if he has to start should be upfront with Lukaku rather then behind him, as I think he has the midst of a striker but the ACM role should be barkleys.

I had discussion in the pub last night which turned to Bob Latchford and Davie Thomas. Does anybody know how many goals he supplied to Bob when he scored his 30 goals ?

..not sure that detail will be available. You can probably find total assists but not sure if they are broken down by player. He sure was a fine player and crosser of a football.

Past few Ross has been central and still been crap. I barely have a recollection if naismith was on the pitch in these games too hes been so bad too

sorry, I forgot about the west brom game, but to be fair to the lad he was man marked by the yard dog yacob the entire game. when besic came off and rose dropped deeper I thought he played alot better, when he has space to run into and yacob couldn't risk coming that far out to mark him.

didn't see the West ham game though heard he wasn't that good though I was under the impression he was out wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back