January 2015 transfer window ( No GIFs allowed )(Nor fish puns ffs)

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 28206
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some decent Bosmans coming up in the summer; the likes Delph, Konoplyanka, Schar and Reid, would it be worth putting bids in for any of these players as he clubs risk losing them for nothing in the summer.
Would want them all in tbh, think we need 2 centre halves, a Mirallas level winger, and a centre mid if Gibson leaves.

Some decent Bosmans coming up in the summer; the likes Delph, Konoplyanka, Schar and Reid, would it be worth putting bids in for any of these players as he clubs risk losing them for nothing in the summer.

can't we agree pre contracts with schar and konoplyanka and the sign them for a nominal fee in January like we did with McGeady and spurs did with Holtby. We'd look alot stronger then for not alot of outlay.

Why is it that despite never playing Robles's reputation seems to go down every week. Some weeks Howard is throwing the ball in his net yet somehow its Robles' fault for being a poor deputy. I still believe that, like all players, a run of games for Kone, Alcaraz (fitness permitting of course) and Robles would see them all be vindicated as decent buys.

Why is it that despite never playing Robles's reputation seems to go down every week. Some weeks Howard is throwing the ball in his net yet somehow its Robles' fault for being a poor deputy. I still believe that, like all players, a run of games for Kone, Alcaraz (fitness permitting of course) and Robles would see them all be vindicated as decent buys.

I kind of think this. If we had Joel playing this season I honestly belive we would be in a better position then we are but I suppose it's easy to say that looking back.

Replacing Kone with Guidetti next summer - who wouldn't accept that?

I mean, I'd like us to go out and get top class quality for big money but it's not happening is it?
It would be fine....no problems with that, but IF(and its a massive IF) Kone gets back to fitness I'm sure Martinez will have him as third in the pecking order striker, and strengthen elsewhere in the team if possible. And would Guidetti want to go anywhere as third striker? I think that before signing another striker Martinez will consider Mirallas and Naismith at least from the current squad as options, and hasn't Hallam Hope come back from loan? Martinez always likes to have youth waiting in the wings(Browning, etc.).

Still cannot believe Roberto went and got a huge hard on for awful Wigan players thinking, somehow, that they'd be good enough for us. Aside from McCarthy - who most people thought was their best player anyway - everybody was baffled at Kone (5m), Robles (3m) and Alcaraz (no idea) joining us. All three disastrous signings and cost us about 80k a week. Ridiculous.

4m a year on their wages, plus around 8m on their signings. So, so far we've wasted around 14m on those three alone. Terrible whatever way you look at it.
But each of those players replaced someone
Kone - scored more the previous year in a worse team than either Jelavic or Anichebe. Both of whom we sold at the ~ same than Kone cost.
Robles - not seen enough imo to write him off especially as was good in Wigan's FA cup run. At least has time on his side to improve compared to Jan Mucha
Alcaraz - replaced Heitinga who looked like he had given up playing for anything other than the money.

All of the above players seem happier to be squad players at lower wages than any those they replaced and in all cases Martinez could have a reasonable expectation they would be an upgrade as well.

Weirdly, Delph to West Ham seems a goer at the moment. Liverpool also interested.

You are right a complete waste of money.
What baffles me though is how the loan system worked for us so well last season yet this season we have not bothered apart from a reserve striker and a winger from Chelsea who is nowhere near ready.
You've got a very good point here. Martinez played the loan market beautifully in his first season, but has done nothing with it this year. I can only presume he's got three decent loan targets firmly set in his sights for January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back