Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks like Tosun is happening and I'll be over the moon to see DCL on the bench he just isn't good enough, on here i see Allerdyce,Niasse,Martina constantly slated, when DCL doesn't get any of that when really he produces nothing, don't get me wrong he's young still learning his trade and is tidy enough but that's it, I'm not sure he would be a regular starter for a team in the championship. I will support him when he plays and hope to see him improve in the future, but even in this transitional period we do need better starting.

Allerdyce, He's came in done a brilliant job in a very short time, he hasn't had a transfer window yet to get his own players in and I see comments wanting him out in the summer. There's no pleasing some people.

Martina, When he came here he looked terrible and deserved the comments he got, but since Baines got injured he's been part of a defence that has kept many clean sheets. So imo he's done a great job there, not the best player but can certainty do a job.

Niasse, From day one was not treated very well, then it got worse for him, did well at Hull then came back and still treated bad. He hasn't had to many minutes on the field but we have him to thanks for a good few points this season and he could have got the winner against WBA. So he may not be perfect but can definitly do a job for us, should get more minutes really. The haters have though laid off him abit lately.

We are still far from being a big team, we should be further on but Martinez and more so KoemanKoeman has put us quite a few years back. Sams been brought in to start another transition which we weren't expecting but now is the time to support him and his squad.

Starts off by utterly slating DCL, then ends it by saying we should support the squad.

Legit ASF.

I agree by the way, DCL is not yet good enough to lead the line for us.

Niasse is a terrible footballer and needs punting as a matter of urgency, he could score 12 hatricks a week and I wouldnt waiver in that view.

Martina is doing very well, but hes disgusting on the leftside.

COYBB

Starts off by utterly slating DCL, then ends it by saying we should support the squad.

Legit ASF.

I agree by the way, DCL is not yet good enough to lead the line for us.

Niasse is a terrible footballer and needs punting as a matter of urgency, he could score 12 hatricks a week and I wouldnt waiver in that view.

Martina is doing very well, but hes disgusting on the leftside.

COYBB
terrible footballer yet he's our only player who was capable of getting a shot on target in 180 minutes against chelsea and west brom, despite only playing only 30 of those minutes.

Goalkeepers Nationality Contract Expires Status
1 Jordan Pickford England June 2022 - Keep
22 Maarten Stekelenburg Netherlands June 2019 - Keep
33 Joel Robles Spain June 2018 - Sell

Defenders Nationality Contract Expires Status
3 Leighton Baines England June 2018 Injured- Keep
4 Michael Keane England June 2022 - Keep
5 Ashley Williams Wales June 2019- Keep (for now)
6 Phil Jagielka England June 2019 - Sell
15 Cuco Martina Curacao June 2020 - Sell
23 Seamus Coleman Ireland June 2022 Injured- Keep
25 Ramiro Funes Mori Argentina June 2020 Injured - Keep
30 Mason Holgate England June 2022 - Keep
43 Jonjoe Kenny England June 2022 - Keep

Midfielders Nationality Contract Expires Status
2 Morgan Schneiderlin France June 2021 - Keep
8 Ross Barkley England June 2018 Injured - Would like to keep but dont think he wants to stay
12 Aaron Lennon England June 2018- Keep
16 James McCarthy Ireland June 2020 Injured - Sell
17 Idrissa Gana Gueye Senegal June 2020 - Keep
18 Gylfi Sigurdsson Iceland June 2022- Keep
20 Davy Klaassen Netherlands June 2022 - Sell
21 Muhamed Besic Bosnia-Herzegovina June 2021 - Sell
26 Tom Davies England June 2022- Keep
27 Nikola Vlasic Croatia June 2022- Keep

Forwards Nationality Contract Expires Status
7 Yannick Bolasie DR Congo June 2021 - Keep
9 Sandro Ramirez Spain June 2021 - Keep
10 Wayne Rooney England June 2019 - Keep
11 Kevin Mirallas Belgium June 2018 - Sell
24 Shani Tarashaj Switzerland June 2020 Injured- Sell
29 Dominic Calvert-Lewin England June 2023- Keep
31 Ademola Lookman England June 2021 - Keep
34 Oumar Niasse Senegal June 2020 - Sell

thats 10 players going that we dont need right now, thats alot of money saved in wages alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back