Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Moussa Dembele would be a great addition I think people seem to forget he’s only 21(Same as DCL) And he scored a rocket vs PSG. We also have Brendan Galloway(LB) who just came back from loan I think he played pretty good for us back in the Martina days. He’s got a lot of pace.

I think Moussa Dembele would be a great addition I think people seem to forget he’s only 21(Same as DCL) And he scored a rocket vs PSG. We also have Brendan Galloway(LB) who just came back from loan I think he played pretty good for us back in the Martina days. He’s got a lot of pace.
cuco martina scored a rocket vs arsenal doesnt mean he or dembele are any good

Why has it got to be players from his England squad ?...he's very adept at signing players from leagues such as Ligue Un.

It doesn't, but ddn't he state he was looking for proven premier league players? Tosun isn't, so my hunch is anyone else coming will be the more familiar players to him that he thinks he can work with and actually attain.

That is an exception rather than the rule. The recruitment over the last 2 years has been brainless. We would be lucky to receive half the amounts we paid out for:
Bolasie
Schnerderlin
Klassen
Keane
Siguardsson
That’s close to 150m shelved out.

Interesting that you don't mention Niasse !

Keane is going through a rough time, but I can see him coming through and being a key part of our defensive setup for the next 5 years, and I'm sure others would agree, so I reckon his price today would be much the same.

With the other names on your list, the issue isn't really how much we overpaid for them (probably a bit less than you think, and in the case of Bolasie we're only just starting to find out how much he has to offer after his 12 month lay-off), but whether we targeted the right players. It's debateable firstly whether any of them have the quality we need to build a team that can break into the top 4, and secondly how far they fit into how we want to set up the team and what style of football we want to play. This is the big worry : that we're bringing in players who can't improve us. But I wouldn't write this lot off yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back