Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might not be popular on here but for the right price, preferably on loan i'd take a punt on sturridge from the rs.
Could be similar to the saha signing (albeit more expensive) adding an experienced quality goalscorer to the squad.
Would allow us to send dcl out on loan to get game time whilst giving us options of a technically decent target man (tosun), quick finisher (sturridge) and the unpredictable wildcard in niasse.

...well the transfer window is still open and the speculation continues. Here’s a summary of rumours for this Sunday morning

- The Daily Mail says Newcastle United have turned their attention to Everton striker, Sandro Ramirez, and are willing to pay a £2m loan fee plus the players £100k per week wages. Marca, however, report Sevilla have reignited their interest and Everton have asked £500k to take the player on loan. Sevilla will struggle, however, to pay the players £80k per week salary and may ask him to take a pay cut.

Love your daily recaps. We would be silly not to accept this offer from
Newcastle. Sandro gets some PL experience and comes back next season better. Win win situation.

With our current form, we might be in a relegation fight with Newcastle. For that reason I’d loathe him to go to Newcastle and help benetiz out of the hole he is in.
We have Tosun, Niasse, DCL & Rooney (if needed) for striking options. Sandro doesn’t even make the bench. It’s crucial for his development that he goes out on loan opposed to rotting in the reserves.

We have Tosun, Niasse, DCL & Rooney (if needed) for striking options. Sandro doesn’t even make the bench. It’s crucial for his development that he goes out on loan opposed to rotting in the reserves.
I’m not adverse to him going out on loan, far from it. Just not to a team just below us in the league. If we had a bigger points gap away from the relegation threatened teams, then I might think differently.

It is more a question of who leaves now than who comes in. I've changed my mind a bit on Niasse. We're in a scrap - and he's a fighter. He's not the kind of player we should be getting rid of. Those we let go now should be those who've shown that they don't have stomach for the fight. And we certainly have a few of them.

Love your daily recaps. We would be silly not to accept this offer from
Newcastle. Sandro gets some PL experience and comes back next season better. Win win situation.

..I suppose the only problem is if his goals keep Newcastle up whilst we get relegated. I’m sure the club are thinking of this scenario and might prefer he goes abroad.

And a Premier league loan too. He has shown he can play in la liga, so why loan him back there?
Same applys to klaassen, we need to see if tgey can do it in the premier league before deciding if they are good enough or not

..I suppose the only problem is if his goals keep Newcastle up whilst we get relegated. I’m sure the club are thinking of this scenario and might prefer he goes abroad.
Catch 22 though mate. I’d doubt anyone could afford his wages abroad, but at the same time in an ideal world, he’d go to another premier league club for 6 months and get accustomed to the league. However if he were successful, it might be at the expense of Everton staying up. Difficult decision for the board and the player.

Catch 22 though mate. I’d doubt anyone could afford his wages abroad, but at the same time in an ideal world, he’d go to another premier league club for 6 months and get accustomed to the league. However if he were successful, it might be at the expense of Everton staying up. Difficult decision for the board and the player.

..it absolutely is. If we had another 7 or 8 points we’d be in a position to move him on to a Premier League club desparate for survival but we’ve got ourselves into a right mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back