Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it unreal that players who are currently fit and so obviously will not even be considered by the manager (Besic, Stekelenberg, Klaassen, Sandro) are being kept on the books. Shouldn't the club be doing all they can to get rid? Over 200k a week wasted on those four. I'd also be selling Williams asap. We don't need him AND Jagielka AND Keane AND Holgate to take us through the next 15 games. Get him gone too, then get Jagielka gone in the summer.

I'd also be touting for buyers for Bolasie too. Value will have plummeted but he's clearly nowhere near the standard we're aiming for. If we could recoup half of what we paid it'd be a hell of a deal for us. We've got Lookman and Vlasic coming through, and should be on the search for another top end winger anyway.

Selling the above players would well and truly drain the swamp.

donald-trump-drop-out.jpg

McCarthy (can’t sell him now) and Robles too.

I find it unreal that players who are currently fit and so obviously will not even be considered by the manager (Besic, Stekelenberg, Klaassen, Sandro) are being kept on the books. Shouldn't the club be doing all they can to get rid? Over 200k a week wasted on those four. I'd also be selling Williams asap. We don't need him AND Jagielka AND Keane AND Holgate to take us through the next 15 games. Get him gone too, then get Jagielka gone in the summer.

I'd also be touting for buyers for Bolasie too. Value will have plummeted but he's clearly nowhere near the standard we're aiming for. If we could recoup half of what we paid it'd be a hell of a deal for us. We've got Lookman and Vlasic coming through, and should be on the search for another top end winger anyway.

Agree we need to get shut of as many as possible, problem we have with us paying out big transfer fees and big wages is that it limits the amount of teams we can sell too

The likes of Sevilla, Valencia, Villareal etc cant compete with us wage wise so if the likes of Sandro, Klaassen & Bolasie are on 100k a week + then the only realistic teams we can ship them out to are teams bettter than us! Problem is no one better than us will take these players

On the subject of Sandro & Klaassen, i was watching premier league years 95/96 yesterday, and there were newspaper clips all calling Bergkamp a flop as he hadent scored in his first 8 games, i remember similar for Drogba in his first season.
In todays gaem its different though, social media has a big big say in things now, and mentalist knee jerkers now feel they have a platform to spout there stuff, can you imagine if Bergkamp was playing now! He'd be out of Arsenal in this january transfer window

the same thing we seem to say before every game, but here we go

were going into Leicester with cuco martina against vardy mahrez gray etc

nightmare

I hope he picks Garbutt. Not Martina’s fault he’s gash (thanks Koeman you blert), but he has got to be the better option if we don’t get anyone in.

Agree we need to get shut of as many as possible, problem we have with us paying out big transfer fees and big wages is that it limits the amount of teams we can sell too

The likes of Sevilla, Valencia, Villareal etc cant compete with us wage wise so if the likes of Sandro, Klaassen & Bolasie are on 100k a week + then the only realistic teams we can ship them out to are teams bettter than us! Problem is no one better than us will take these players

On the subject of Sandro & Klaassen, i was watching premier league years 95/96 yesterday, and there were newspaper clips all calling Bergkamp a flop as he hadent scored in his first 8 games, i remember similar for Drogba in his first season.
In todays gaem its different though, social media has a big big say in things now, and mentalist knee jerkers now feel they have a platform to spout there stuff, can you imagine if Bergkamp was playing now! He'd be out of Arsenal in this january transfer window

Not defending him mate cos he is massively off the pace, but there is plenty of examples of players coming over and taking time to acclimatise more recently Eriksen at spurs was hounded for being rubbish for the first few seasons he was here, I would hope it would be the same with Sandro and Klassen, but I fear its the wrong time to bring the players in who aren't able to contribute right away.

unfortunately with the situation we are in, time is a luxury we cant afford these types of players.

It's still unbelievable we haven't got LB sorted.

Aside from that, I wouldn't actually want any more money spent, the less damage inflicted the soonest mended, particularly for any prospective new DoF.

I have complete mistrust in the ability of the club to spend well now, and to think where we've come from in recent years, such a shame.

I'm clinging to the hope the new mgr knows who he wants at LB and he isn't yet available.

I am not sure you know how this transfer market works.

If the players are to be sold then there has to be buyers.
Klaasen and Sandro will be on expensive contracts and I am sure there will be loyalty bonus payout if they leave as I don't believe either have asked for a transfer. We are three days away from the end of the window and there seems to be no definite interest in them.
Robles is about to leave on a free so Stelenberg is the reserve keeper in case of injury to Pickford.

No club will pay money for Besic as he never plays and has an awful injury record... it will probably be a loan if his agent can find a taker.

I'm surprised there aren't massive amounts of loans out SOMEWHERE. Besic would be good for an Italian team somewhere, same with Klassen imo. Even if we pay half their wages, it still would get them game time and maybe another move out permanently.

Could be exciting could be absolutely nothing...looks like we want permanent deals for sandro/klassen, but i suspect their value has plummeted...

Must admit I'm now quite excited at the prospect of having N'Zonzi here, though I'm probably just hoping beyond anything.

Allardyce has just confirmed that he'll be at the club tomorrow to help conduct any business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back