Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if the guy on Sky who says he’s surprised we’re in for Mangala because he was told yesterday definitely no incomings for us is correct, I wouldn’t hold ya breath waiting for anything else to be incoming.
Deep down what do sky really know, clubs are only going to tell them what they want to tell them Sky barely know anything untill it's almost done.

less than 24 hours till we can declare walsh an utter failiure then mate really.

Ramirez coming with a option for them to buy at less than 8m is pathetic btw, say he flops they wont do it, he does brilliantly then we cant ask for more or have no say on a new manager wanting to keep him etc...

6th best team in spain, best in italy after two of our flops, hmmm maybe they are actually ok players then...

btw shows how poor our foreign recruitment is, bought lots from the domestic scene, 3 from abroad, 2 we are looking at selling after less than 6 months at the club, the other has never even trained as we couldn't get a work permit... in a game becoming even more global, this is what will ultimately destroy the club if we cant fix it

..I think Walsh has lots to answer for. The club are in a mess with Ramirez because of his salary (reported to be between £80k - £100k per week). I’m sure they just want that figure off the books hence the reported low fee.

As for Klaassen, he’s clearly a decent footballer coming through the Ajax academy to captain that club at a young age. Again, the signing was a mess because we already had so many similar type of players leaving the squad totally unbalanced.

Deep down what do sky really know, clubs are only going to tell them what they want to tell them Sky barely know anything untill it's almost done.
They know that City and Everton fans had given up on anymore transfer activity so won't be bothering with Sky Sports News tonight.
It's not as if they haven't fabricated news before to increse viewing figures or manipulate the betting markets to make more money out of Sky Bet

.....well this is it folks, the final day of the January transfer window and here’s what the newspapers are saying this morning as the remaining hours tick down;

- Everton have confirmed on their official website that pending a medical, Sandro Ramirez is set to spend the rest of the season on loan at Sevilla.

- The Times Paul Joyce has tweeted that Everton are weighing up a loan deal for Manchester City’s back-up Centre back, Eliaquim Mangala. 26 year old Mangala arrived at City 3 years ago in a deal that eventually cost £42m because of the players complicated image rights. Sky Sports sources reveal Everton are confident of tying up a deadline day deal.

- According to 4th Official, Middlesborough are looking to push through a loan deal for Everton’s 25 year old midfielder, Mohammed Besic. The Liverpool Echo say negotiations are at a preliminary stage.

- SkySportsItalia report Davy Klaassen has been given the green light to move to Serie A giants Napoli on loan. Apparently both clubs have agreed terms and the only remaining obstacle is the players image rights.

- SkySportsItalia also claim that Sevilla have reached a deal to sign Inter Milan’s Croation midfielder, Marcelo Brozovic, on loan with an option to buy for €29m. Everton have been strongly linked with Brozovic in recent days.

- The Daily Mail suggest Everton are closely monitoring Hull sensation, Jarrod Bowen, and are keen to sign the young attacking midfielder.

- Guardian journalist, David Hytner, says Everton Forward Oumar Niasse will be going nowhere in this window despite considerable interest in the player.

- Toffeeweb website quote sources in Belgium suggesting Sunderland are close to signing Everton winger David Henen on loan for the remainder of the season. The players contract expires in the summer after which he will be a free agent.
Well done eggs for your dedication through this window, you've earned a long lay down in a dark room.

less than 24 hours till we can declare walsh an utter failiure then mate really.

Ramirez coming with a option for them to buy at less than 8m is pathetic btw, say he flops they wont do it, he does brilliantly then we cant ask for more or have no say on a new manager wanting to keep him etc...

6th best team in spain, best in italy after two of our flops, hmmm maybe they are actually ok players then...

btw shows how poor our foreign recruitment is, bought lots from the domestic scene, 3 from abroad, 2 we are looking at selling after less than 6 months at the club, the other has never even trained as we couldn't get a work permit... in a game becoming even more global, this is what will ultimately destroy the club if we cant fix it
When you factor in Walsh pushed hard for two other flops in Lucas Perez and Gabbiadini then that further proves his total incompetence.

Even his shopping here for the likes of Bolasie and Sigurdsson for ridiculous fees furthers the point. Our recruitment under him has been horrific. Surely those at the top can see that?

When you factor in Walsh pushed hard for two other flops in Lucas Perez and Gabbiadini then that further proves his total incompetence.

Even his shopping here for the likes of Bolasie and Sigurdsson for ridiculous fees furthers the point. Our recruitment under him has been horrific. Surely those at the top can see that?

Yep. Can't think of one signing he's made of a senior player worth the punt under Koeman. Probably Gana and Rooney who were cheap and a freebie.

Hopefully that's why we were linked with the bloke from PSV.

He paid 1.4m for Vardy and Mahrez and comes here and pays over 50m for Tosun and Bolasie.

His Mindset has probably changed with his success, like a band who are hungry and had a good first couple of albums then made some money and the next albums are piss poor.

I refuse to look anymore until 12. And then when I get home. I know full well come 8pm, I'll be like a junkie trying to get his fix, squirming over any potential rumours. Lousy Sky Transfer Day.

Oh and get a left back Everton. Doesn't have to be a stellar one, the NSNO bit went out the window long ago this season, I'd take one that was competent at defending and could provide a little width and get a few useful crosses in or link up play out on the left. Kinda like Garbutt, but obviously not him, because then you'd have to register the only fit left back with first team experience at the club so he'd be eligible to play (I should check if Everton have actually done this - 50-50 they have/ haven't).

..I think Walsh has lots to answer for. The club are in a mess with Ramirez because of his salary (reported to be between £80k - £100k per week). I’m sure they just want that figure off the books hence the reported low fee.

As for Klaassen, he’s clearly a decent footballer coming through the Ajax academy to captain that club at a young age. Again, the signing was a mess because we already had so many similar type of players leaving the squad totally unbalanced.

Eggs your job is to deliver the news and speculation, not to comment on it.

How dare you lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back