Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is mate... trust me. My mate is a City season ticket holder he text me this morning howling....

We should improve our defence... IMO is he better then Jags/Keane/William/Holgate? probably not - the only thing he has over them bar Holgate is pace... but that doesnt help you when you get the ball fall over it and give it back anyway.

City player attacking football, trying to out score the opposition, playing out from the back and dominating possession, whilst leaving the defence completely exposed as a unit.

We play defensively, two defensive mids, direct football, aiming to keep clean sheets. It’s a completely different game plan.

We clearing out, at the very minimum, one centre back, Klaassen and Besic today? We really should be. Williams would be my candidate for the chop.

.....well this is it folks, the final day of the January transfer window and here’s what the newspapers are saying this morning as the remaining hours tick down;

- Everton have confirmed on their official website that pending a medical, Sandro Ramirez is set to spend the rest of the season on loan at Sevilla.

- The Times Paul Joyce has tweeted that Everton are weighing up a loan deal for Manchester City’s back-up Centre back, Eliaquim Mangala. 26 year old Mangala arrived at City 3 years ago in a deal that eventually cost £42m because of the players complicated image rights. Sky Sports sources reveal Everton are confident of tying up a deadline day deal.

- According to 4th Official, Middlesborough are looking to push through a loan deal for Everton’s 25 year old midfielder, Mohammed Besic. The Liverpool Echo say negotiations are at a preliminary stage.

- SkySportsItalia report Davy Klaassen has been given the green light to move to Serie A giants Napoli on loan. Apparently both clubs have agreed terms and the only remaining obstacle is the players image rights.

- SkySportsItalia also claim that Sevilla have reached a deal to sign Inter Milan’s Croation midfielder, Marcelo Brozovic, on loan with an option to buy for €29m. Everton have been strongly linked with Brozovic in recent days.

- The Daily Mail suggest Everton are closely monitoring Hull sensation, Jarrod Bowen, and are keen to sign the young attacking midfielder.

- Guardian journalist, David Hytner, says Everton Forward Oumar Niasse will be going nowhere in this window despite considerable interest in the player.

- Toffeeweb website quote sources in Belgium suggesting Sunderland are close to signing Everton winger David Henen on loan for the remainder of the season. The players contract expires in the summer after which he will be a free agent.
Top man.

City player attacking football, trying to out score the opposition, playing out from the back and dominating possession, whilst leaving the defence completely exposed as a unit.

We play defensively, two defensive mids, direct football, aiming to keep clean sheets. It’s a completely different game plan.

Defensively, requiring strong defensive players... to which we really have none...

and just added another one to the pile.....

Love that our apparent flops are away to better clubs than us, they must be hysterical

But wait, the PL is the best league with the likes of Huddersfield, Brighton, Stoke and WBA

And blokes like Sam Allardyce

Pick this guy up before his value goes up after the world cup. This is so frustrating!

Can we just get rid of Bolasie and Sigurdsson. All of Koeman’s signings are just terrible.

Atleast let him have a game for us, before coming to that conclusion ay

Look mate, I am basing this on what I have seen of him (which is a bit because of my mate) and my mates opinion of him. You say some players are suited to certain teams, I counter that with some players are just not for this league, at porto he was good, apparently at Valencia he was too - here he has been woeful.

I may be wrong, and if I am I will be delighted that he can help and do something - however, I think he will make Mori look like Baresi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back