Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad thing is that there are those on here who would expect that to happen and then moan about Moshiri when it doesn't.

They’d moan about us not doing it then as soon as we did it they’d revert straight away to moaning that we did it. If he wasn’t very good they’d moan that we should sell him then as soon as we did they’d moan that we sold him.

Two points there mate :

Marcus Bent, was limited but ran his socks off and did well for us that season that got us into Europe.

Everything we touch at the moment seemingly turns to s*** > catastrophe.

Quite rightly (imo) the fans are reacting to that fact that we seem to have become the Keystone Cops of the Premier League.

Lastly, can you think of anything positive about this football club at the mo ( I don`t include the likes of the youth teams or E.I.C in that ).

Sorry, but I can`t think of a single thing.

We`re like a rudderless ship getting closer to the rocks all the time.

Average squad age is moving in the right direction.
We have more £££ relative to the competition than ever before in the PL era
We look to have finally sussed out a new stadium.
We have one of the most highly rated striking prospects in Europe lined up to join in the Summer.
blah blah

There's plenty more.... you just need to look to find the positives - but if you want, I'm sure it's very easy to turn each of the above into a negative.

Optimism and pessimism are choices, that doesn't mean you stick your fingers in your ears and ignore anything bad... it's just about how you deal with the bad.

I'm not a head-case, I see how bad things are at the minute. Jaysus, it's gotten to the stage where I don't even look forward to Everton games... i try not to think about them until 10 mins before kick-off. I'm not saying that "everything is amazing", I just don't think it's the opposite either... it's somewhere in the middle and fan support and optimism can help us get back to where we should be in my opinion.

Average squad age is moving in the right direction.
We have more £££ relative to the competition than ever before in the PL era
We look to have finally sussed out a new stadium.
We have one of the most highly rated striking prospects in Europe lined up to join in the Summer.
blah blah

There's plenty more.... you just need to look to find the positives - but if you want, I'm sure it's very easy to turn each of the above into a negative.

Optimism and pessimism are choices, that doesn't mean you stick your fingers in your ears and ignore anything bad... it's just about how you deal with the bad.

I'm not a head-case, I see how bad things are at the minute. Jaysus, it's gotten to the stage where I don't even look forward to Everton games... i try not to think about them until 10 mins before kick-off. I'm not saying that "everything is amazing", I just don't think it's the opposite either... it's somewhere in the middle and fan support and optimism can help us get back to where we should be in my opinion.

Who's that then?

onyekuru presumably? but thought there were still work permit issues outstanding so his being here in august is not a foregone conclusion. Also, he's not exactly lit up the belgian league when he hasn't been injured.

...Breaking News on Sky: deal agreed in principle with Man City for Mangala. No loan fee but Everton will pay the players wages in full. It’s now entirely up to the player!!
Shame that it doesn’t look like we will have an option to make the deal permanent for a set fee in the summer.

Really good to see City turning down two transfers in Sanchez and Mahrez because they were overpriced.

Something needs to put the brakes on ridiculous fees for average players (not saying either of these is average btw) and the richest club in the world refusing to be taken advantage of I think is a great statement from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back