Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive expanded my list of players to move on...there's a lot and it just shows how much of a disaster the summer was;

Keepers: Stekelenburg / Robles (contract)

Defenders: Baines / Williams / Jagielka / Mori / Pennington / Browning / Garbutt / Galloway / Martina

Centre Mids: Schneiderlin / Grant / McCarthy / Besic / Klaassen /

Attacking mids: Bolasie / Mirallas / Lennon / Barkley (contract)

Jury is out: Sigurdsson / Sandro / Rooney (player coach?)

We need: 2 left centre backs / 2 left backs / 1 centre mid / 1 winger / 2 strkers

We won't attract a manager of any standing unless he is given a significant amount of money to spend on new players. Any manager worth his salt will take a look at our present collection of players and know there is very little mileage in going with them.
A new manager will need to spend well in excess of any monies he can bring in by selling. Personally I think we need to forget about top 4/6 for a couple of years and concentrate on building a team again, we need to replace a good few of the squad and get a good bench. The first team squad needs a complete overhaul.
We need a good young manager with a five year plan who has total support of the board/owner who can get on with the job.

We should have 100mil in sales which is enough to bring in 4 defenders (2 left backs and 2 left sided centre backs) then we just need 4 more in the attacking areas.

Gana, Morgan, McCarthy, Besic, Baningime etc. are all very similar in my eyes.

McCarthy / Besic should be sold because of their injury records....games up for them.
Schneiderlin can go....been a disaster this season.

I'd stick with Gana and Baningime rotating in one DM slot. Sell the others...

ive expanded my list of players to move on...there's a lot and it just shows how much of a disaster the summer was;

Keepers: Stekelenburg / Robles (contract)

Defenders: Baines / Williams / Jagielka / Mori / Pennington / Browning / Garbutt / Galloway / Martina

Centre Mids: Schneiderlin / Grant / McCarthy / Besic / Klaassen /

Attacking mids: Bolasie / Mirallas / Lennon / Barkley (contract)

Jury is out: Sigurdsson / Sandro / Rooney (player coach?)

We need: 2 left centre backs / 2 left backs / 1 centre mid / 1 winger / 2 strkers

lollollollollollollol

This amuses me very much so, half of them we wouldnt get a penny for, I mean who the hell is gonna buy Bolaise after such an injury?

We could sell every name listed above and get less than 50m for the lot, we would then have a squad of 5 players.

I can't see us getting any more than £20 mill for any of the players we would be prepared to sell. Most of them won't achieve anywhere near that. We need a significant investment from the owners.
I would much prefer to see us going with a smaller talented squad than spending on quantity.

Besic hasnt been injured for over 18months now.

And we play 2 DMs Zat.

Silva plays 2 DMs also.

100% wont be joining us.

He plays two deep midfielders who aren't solely defensive players but one bombs forward to join the attack...they counter in numbers and only leave one midfielder back...at sporting it was carvalho for example.

lollollollollollollol

This amuses me very much so, half of them we wouldnt get a penny for, I mean who the hell is gonna buy Bolaise after such an injury?

We could sell every name listed above and get less than 50m for the lot, we would then have a squad of 5 players.

I'm not saying sell the entirety of them in Jan...clearly there are players we can make money on there...

Youre being obstinate in your valuation there as well...we'd get a lot more than 50mil.

Bolasie would need to play a few games before end of season to prove his fitness...then punt him.

I can't see us getting any more than £20 mill for any of the players we would be prepared to sell. Most of them won't achieve anywhere near that. We need a significant investment from the owners.
I would much prefer to see us going with a smaller talented squad than spending on quantity.

if we managed to magically move on all the players I listed then we would need 2 left backs, 2 left sided centre backs, a centre mid, winger and one or maybe two centre forwards.

If Sigurdsson and Sandro game good and Barkley stayed then really we'd only need 5 players and could jettison a whole teams worth

if we managed to magically move on all the players I listed then we would need 2 left backs, 2 left sided centre backs, a centre mid, winger and one or maybe two centre forwards.

If Sigurdsson and Sandro game good and Barkley stayed then really we'd only need 5 players and could jettison a whole teams worth

So basically we need a whole new squad according to you, very interesting.

Please turn FM off and have a lie down. We are not selling over half the squad off in one fell swoop and expecting another new team of strangers to gel in an instant you loon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back