Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point I was making (or attempting to at least!) was that Sessegnon + Martin + Tierney + Chilwell were all very good ages to come in considering that baines was 2 years older than Chilwell (as an example) when he joined...

So, effectively Chilwell (and the others) have 2 seasons of development to go before they were at the level baines was at when he joined.

My choice would be Sessegnon, if not then Chilwell (from these 4)...Martin looks 'ace' in Spain but we don't know if he'd adapt + Tierney plays in Scotland so, again we don't know if hed be good.

Leicester will be unlikely to sell Chilwell....you;ve stated "if we were selling Kenny we wouldn't be flogging him for 40mil would we". The fact is that if he wanted to stay then he's not going to be sold which I assume would be the same with Chilwell and as such it would potentially take a huge offer.

Which left back do you fancy?

My choice would be Tierney Zat but he won't be coming. I rate Bertrand really highly but I think he would cost an absolute packet and then in 2/3 seasons we would have the same problem of needing to replace him. That depends though on whether Gibson/Foulds/Robinson show signs of coming through and staking a claim. If that was the case then Bertrand would be ideal for 2/3 seasons.

Past that though, I wouldn't have a clue tbh mate

I don't want Benteke he's not what he was physically and lacks a football brain. All that and he will cost 30m. Take a punt on Dembele way more potential.
I don't think Benteke will fetch anywhere near £30m, but I doubt Palace will sell him in Jan, but think he'll be gone next summer. Dembele is a gamble at a time when we really need a proven prem striker and for me it would be Giroud.

I agree with Benteke not being worth it.
It really scares me that this is a real possibility.

Id much rather see us get some pace and potential rather than repurposed multiple times Striker.

1. Vincent Aboubakar
  2. Dembele
  3. Duvan Zapata
Id take Giroud because he is absolute class in my book. He could then be a solid mentor to someone to eventually take the reigns.

DCL is solid in what he has been asked to do. FFS he needs to work on his timing in the air. It is beyond frustrating watching him going to air.

CB: wait until summer. Dont overpay. Give SA a chance with Keane...We got something in Holgate.
LB: I do not care as long as they have PACE and offer something going forward. Multidimensional is a must.

Can't see Arsenal letting Giroud go, they look like they are going to lose a few and they need to hang on to what they have. He seems to be getting more game time and looks happier.

My choice would be Tierney Zat but he won't be coming. I rate Bertrand really highly but I think he would cost an absolute packet and then in 2/3 seasons we would have the same problem of needing to replace him. That depends though on whether Gibson/Foulds/Robinson show signs of coming through and staking a claim. If that was the case then Bertrand would be ideal for 2/3 seasons.

Past that though, I wouldn't have a clue tbh mate

Hard to tell if hes going to be as good as he is in Scotland though...

He'd come if the money was there...

No from me to Benteke. Firstly history of Achillies tendon injury, big risk having had that injury myself I know it's never as good again. Secondly he hasn't even looked like scoring or making runs to get chances. We don't put a lot of crosses in to the box. I actually believe we're better off with Dcl working his socks off upfront. The goals will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back