Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

Better to have Holgate + Keane + Mawson from Swansea @Eggs

never was suited to this league.

Agreed, 15mil id snap someones hands off for...incredibly stupid signing.

He was actually on a tour in Chine with the Chelsea squad.

He uploaded videos using his fingers to make 'squinty eyes' and made some comments...

This is a clear sign the bloke has issues.

Mason Holgate.

In any case, I think youre focusing too much on the 'here and now'.

Right now were playing like this under Allardyce and have clearly been drilled on how to play to stop conceding...gradually we will push onto a high line but notice he went with Holgate/Williams then Keane/Jags. Looks to me as if hes using the older heads to give the 2 younger players confidence and when he's ready will play Holgate and Keane together.

Ive been banging on for several years on here about faster defenders coming in so we can play a high line.

Kenny/Coleman--Holgate/???--Keane/???--???/????

You can see the issue is we cant play a high line every game without those two centre backs playing and a faster left back signed. Baines cant play a high line...then weve no backup for 4 positions so would need to change tactics if anyone was out.

Another factor of course is if Cuco played further up the pitch its a free attack.

I think once a left back + a centre back with more pace (to compete with Holgate/Keane) are signed we will push further up then Allardyce will work on the midfield tactics....and finally the forwards.

In my opinion (and @Eggs has mentioned him too) id go for Alfie Mawson as our 3rd centre back and punt the rest...he's not actually the fastest I think but positionally he looks spot on. Otherwise someone with pace...maybe that's this Konsa from Charlton?

For left back I think we need to go for an u21 player whose rapid and can provide attacking threat. Sessegnon, Tierney, Martin, Chilwell...or similar.

Just need to have a little patience, Allardyce is doing things the right way
We cant
I can see us getting Batsuiyai and Nzonzi I January.

The rest will have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back