Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Midfield needs ripping up tbh. I’d like to see something like NZonzi and Fabregas. (Not that that’s likely)

Agree. Don't like any single midfielder we have. We are shoe horning Gylfi in and I don't think he's really worth it. Looks like Nzonzi is in favour now. Maybe Carvalho?

If we sign the Bristol lad then may make sense to switch to 3 (or 5) at the back. Get Coleman on the other side. Rooney, Gueye and Davies in midfield, Tosun and Walcott up front.

If we sign the Bristol lad then may make sense to switch to 3 (or 5) at the back. Get Coleman on the other side. Rooney, Gueye and Davies in midfield, Tosun and Walcott up front.
Until the present group can rediscover how to complete the most basic forward pass all the names being mentioned are moot.

How any seasoned professional footballer with a half decent level of ability and skill would want to come within a mile of Goodison is beyond me.
I'm absolutely certain the grapevine amongst the pros will be getting used extensively and portraying us a a lost case.
Naturally those that do stray our way will come for the lucre. Sorry though but that's isn't what is needed. We want/need only those want to come to the club or reasons other than the money, and there are precious few like that.

Sometimes i miss when we had no money, it meant we did due diligence and only brought in players players for positions that were needed and were an upgrade. It also meant we kept a consistant core to build on. At the moment we have no players to build the team around.
Walsh has been one of the poorest decisions the club has made as there is no long term vision, he sees a good player and rather than checking if he plays the right style, attitude, and position just gives the go ahead.

Or Allardyce doesn't have a future at Everton himself so is not being allowed to shift on players who a incoming manager may want to evaluate himself? would make sense with younger players to do that anyways

..who knows, Matey. Perhaps it was Walsh who pushed for the signing and doesn’t want to be seen to have made an error of judgement.

Sometimes i miss when we had no money, it meant we did due diligence and only brought in players players for positions that were needed and were an upgrade. It also meant we kept a consistant core to build on. At the moment we have no players to build the team around.
Walsh has been one of the poorest decisions the club has made as there is no long term vision, he sees a good player and rather than checking if he plays the right style, attitude, and position just gives the go ahead.

...this sounds similar to the interesting point @davek made earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back