Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno, think you should watch Sevilla again, especially last season under Sampaoli.

Physical stature is irrelevant for playstyle btw.

I've watched Sevilla plenty in the last few weeks mate, covered both of their semi-final legs v Atleti and their league games with Alaves and Espanyol.

N'Zonzi was put back in after the Alaves defeat, in which Montella started with Pizarro and Banega in midfield (as the manager before him was doing).

N'Zonzi's presence in the middle has given them a big lift - his size does make a big difference to how they play, because he's the pivot that the rest play around.

Montella is finding a system that works so I'd be surprised if Mesa was a direct replacement for N'Zonzi. Seems more likely to be an alternative to Banega imo, unless Pizarro is moved on - though I'm sure he only signed for them last summer.

They've had to change from what they were doing under Sampaoli because Montella is there now.

Sandro will probably do well for them, but hopefully that move has given us an in with them for N'Zonzi.

lucas-digne-84789.jpg

I've watched Sevilla plenty in the last few weeks mate, covered both of their semi-final legs v Atleti and their league games with Alaves and Espanyol.

N'Zonzi was put back in after the Alaves defeat, in which Montella started with Pizarro and Banega in midfield (as the manager before him was doing).

N'Zonzi's presence in the middle has given them a big lift - his size does make a big difference to how they play, because he's the pivot that the rest play around.

Montella is finding a system that works so I'd be surprised if Mesa was a direct replacement for N'Zonzi. Seems more likely to be an alternative to Banega imo, unless Pizarro is moved on - though I'm sure he only signed for them last summer.

They've had to change from what they were doing under Sampaoli because Montella is there now.

Sandro will probably do well for them, but hopefully that move has given us an in with them for N'Zonzi.

It's definitely different now under Montella my point was simply they both - physique apart - play the 'Carrick' role when in their best system.

It's definitely different now under Montella my point was simply they both - physique apart - play the 'Carrick' role when in their best system.

Aye.

I really hope we do make a move.

I think he'd be open to coming here purely for the fat wedge if nothing else and he's turned into one of the best in Europe at that role.

He'd massively improve us.

Aye.

I think he'd be open to coming here purely for the fat wedge if nothing else and he's turned into one of the best in Europe at that role.

I want to say he would but I've said that about a few of our signings lately. I fear it's going to take several signings and/or a new boss to fix this blackhole of football.

We're only missing a left back, a centre half and a midfielder that can play football from a functioning starting 11.

It's not that bad that we've not managed to fill any of these glaring holes, not like the teams below us are slowly but surely catching us or that we've looked horrific in every game we've played.

Forza Everton

I want to say he would but I've said that about a few of our signings lately. I fear it's going to take several signings and/or a new boss to fix this blackhole of football.

Oh yeh, he wouldn't solve all our issues.

But he would go a long way to giving our side some physical presence which we simply don't have.

We're f'in tiny as a team

Aye.

Nzonzi this years Manny Fernandez.......don't do it to yourselves

If we dont get an incoming embargo tonight. We are goosed!

It'll be nothing but a few bits and bobs of rumours I wouldn't have thought.

I'm going for two outs tomorrow - Klaassen and Besic - as definites. Both on loan. I could also see Vlasic getting sent out as well.

Holding out hope for a left-back but pretty much accepted we're totally incompetent.

If Klassen now goes, i'm hoping that will trigger a signing. I'm off work ill, and i'm checking this forum and sky sports every few minutes. Its really not healthy. Please Walsh say it hasn't been for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back