Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Brands is better at getting players...so where would the financial risk come from?

You cant have your cake and eat it re Brands.

There is always a risk , plenty of good players come here and flop , especially strikers. It’s a hard league to play in , Forlan was a goal machine outside the prem , falcao another , Veron was a top player and could handle it over here

There is always a risk , plenty of good players come here and flop , especially strikers. It’s a hard league to play in , Forlan was a goal machine outside the prem , falcao another , Veron was a top player and could handle it over here

Ok, so the conclusion is that the January transfer window doesn't apply to Everton as we dont need it...being also-rans that fall in the middle of the PL...and it has to stay that way until a new stadium is built that brings loads of money and success.

An utter pisstake.

Ok, so the conclusion is that the January transfer window doesn't apply to Everton as we dont need it...being also-rans that fall in the middle of the PL...and it has to stay that way until a new stadium is built that brings loads of money and success.

An utter pisstake.

Do you have Some sort of memory problem? I replied to one of your posts agreeing that I think we should sign everyone we can in January , as long as they’re the right players . I agree with you on that, signing in January allows them 6 months to bed in before next season starts. The point I don’t agree on is that if we don’t sign a striker in January that brands is a “duffer” or that there is no risk in signing players , even good ones. We should have a list for me it’s ST, CM, RW, RB and in that order. We should also have a list of names for them positions, and when the window opens we should move for them. If we can land 4 of them great, if it’s one then ok, the important thing is to get the quality required and if teams are unwilling to sell these quality players in jan then we should wait.

Do you have Some sort of memory problem? I replied to one of your posts agreeing that I think we should sign everyone we can in January , as long as they’re the right players . I agree with you on that, signing in January allows them 6 months to bed in before next season starts. The point I don’t agree on is that if we don’t sign a striker in January that brands is a “duffer” or that there is no risk in signing players , even good ones. We should have a list for me it’s ST, CM, RW, RB and in that order. We should also have a list of names for them positions, and when the window opens we should move for them. If we can land 4 of them great, if it’s one then ok, the important thing is to get the quality required and if teams are unwilling to sell these quality players in jan then we should wait.
...and he's had since before he arrived to land a striker...which he knew we needed. If this January goes by without one coming in then we know the club and Brands have settled for a poor season.

...and he's had since before he arrived to land a striker...which he knew we needed. If this January goes by without one coming in then we know the club and Brands have settled for a poor season.

Let’s say he wants benzema , how can he sign him ? If benzema says no? So he targets someone else let’s say Werner , now let’s say Werner is open to discussing it, but his club say no way he’s moving in jan unless you pay 90m. What should brands do? Wait for the best player and try sign him for 60m in the summer or go sign someone like bats etc that’s not the best we can attract but is also overpriced as it’s jan ?

If the one we want is available and at a good price. We don't even know if 7th will be good enough for Europe yet, so the difference between 8th and 12th is nothing to us really, what would be the point getting in another tosun? We'd be in the same boat.
Obviously we wouldnt be getting another Tosun.
Liverpool bought Suarez in the January window , so it no good shouting only Tosun's are available.

But WE DO NEED a Centre forward thetes half the season to play and the FA cup.

Let’s say he wants benzema , how can he sign him ? If benzema says no? So he targets someone else let’s say Werner , now let’s say Werner is open to discussing it, but his club say no way he’s moving in jan unless you pay 90m. What should brands do? Wait for the best player and try sign him for 60m in the summer or go sign someone like bats etc that’s not the best we can attract but is also overpriced as it’s jan ?
trust me, Everton is not signing Werner. Maybe if 10 clubs would withdraw before

If Marcel can find a way to turn Gueye into Doucoure I’ll love him forever.

By that I mean outbid PSG for Doucoure, and then turn around and sell them Gueye. Use their FFP restrictions against them.

Gueye would honestly fit better in their system as a true DM, as their attackers can handle the attack themselves. Especially in their domestic pub league.

Having a true box to box CM to play besides Gomes would be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back