Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
DCL is 21 isn't he? Shearer had done enough to be the most expensive player in English history. Kane as I mentioned hit a 30 goal season.

a) you are comparing to two of the best strikers that have ever been in the Prem
b) player progression is not linear or even at all easily comparable - guess what Drogba was doing at 21? He hadn't made his first team debut yet at Le Mans.
c) DCL is fine

People still think DCL will make it at the top level? Dream on. How on earth he has played so many games for Everton, I have no idea.
The other striking options are Niasse and Tosun. That's why.

I apologise if there are any other options other than Richarlison playing there and not out wide. We have been bereft of quality in this position since Lumpkaku left.

I like DCL, I think he is a good honest player who gives his best when he is playing. He is however not of the requisite quality for a top 6 team. He may be given time, but I'd say you have to back him for 2-3 years to get there, which is unfortunately for us a terrible gamble on something that might never happen.

I have no solutions for this however. Good job Marcel and Marco are paid to do that.

a) you are comparing to two of the best strikers that have ever been in the Prem
b) player progression is not linear or even at all easily comparable - guess what Drogba was doing at 21? He hadn't made his first team debut yet at Le Mans.
c) DCL is fine
I'm neither comparing him to 2 of the best strikers in the league ever, someone else compared him to 3 of the best, to which I thought it was a stupid comparison, not just because as you say progress is not linear, those 3 players were all successful at 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back