January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saints look like selling Gabadinni back to Italy this window.
That would free up wages and leave them short on attacking options.
They could well be in for a forward i reckon.

Just imagine selling gab then signing niasse lol long and niasse as your striking options lol

To be fair, games like West Ham and Spurs at home the crowd has really got behind them when they're losing, but they've still not produced the goods. There's also the rather pertinent point that our away form is consistently awful despite our away support being absolutely magnificent. So in short, it's not the fans fault.
Pickford’s error against spurs killed the atmosphere in the ground completely. I certainly wouldn’t describe it as the crowd getting behind them from that point.

Pickford’s error against spurs killed the atmosphere in the ground completely. I certainly wouldn’t describe it as the crowd getting behind them from that point.
At the start of the second half, and after we scored our second, the crowd tried to rally them. Not saying it was like a bear pit, but it was actually better than most grounds would be if the team had gone from 1 up to 2 down at home in the space of about 10 minutes. Unfortunately on both occasions we found ourselves 3 down within minutes so it didn't last.

Niasse to Cardiff surely... weren't they playing a right back up front against us?
One of McCarthy or Schniederlin out

If we could end the window +£15mil or so and get some wages off the books it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Well, Mina and Zouma have played together twice and imo have been by far our worst CB pairing. They're both too similar and, in a two, that doesn't work. I agree with your sentiment though.

In Silva's defence, the defence looked a lot more solid until the last seconds of the derby. Since then it's like one little thing goes against us and the entire team caves - it's a worry and the issue is we've seen it before with different players and managers now over the course of five years. It's a huge concern and such a weird thing.

I'd get back to our best team now, and I don't see how the arguments for that not being the same set-up of the side that won five out of seven are based on.

I get Walcott dropping out, but what he does add is movement in behind which Lookman unfortunately doesn't bring. He does bring strengths in other areas though and I'd like to see him get a run now.

Pickford

Coleman (Kenny is playing well though so wouldn't be adverse to him staying in) - Keane - Mina - Digne

Lookman - Gana - Gomes - Bernard

Gylfi

Richarlison

That has to be the basis. Whether it's like that shape, or a 4-3-3 (which I'd actually be open to seeing, and is definitely the formation that would get the best out of Davies if he's needed at all, but also I think would help Gylfi 'be more involved'), we have to get back to that.

I like Dom and Tosun. But neither are consistent enough. Richarlison, for me, is wasted out left with how we currently play. He gets isolated and frustrated. Get him closer to goal and get him working in tandem with Gylfi again. Or play a proper fluid front three of him, Lookman/Walcott and Bernard.

Nice post.

I don’t know if Davies has enough for us or ever will, he probably will improve but hasn’t shown any improvement on top of his first season.

I’d say DCL can get better and might offer something, just don’t know if he has the footballing brain. I keep thinking back to how well he played away to City last season.

Tosun isn’t good enough and won’t get better. £27m Turkey.

I too would like to see a 4-3-3 tried maybe even with the Chelsea false 9?

I don’t know, I’m a bit desperate....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back