January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
....when I was a youngster, Friday used to mean Crackerjack, but this morning it’s day 18 of the January transfer window and here’s this morning’s Toffee rumours;

- France Football report a stand-off with Watford in Everton’s pursuit of Abdoulaye Doucouré is holding up PSG signing Idrissa Gueye. Apparently Watford are asking Everton to pay €50m for the midfielder.

- WalesOnLine say a glitch is stalling Oumar Niasse’s loan move from Everton to Cardiff. Asked about a replacement for Niasse, Everton Manager Marco Silva is quoted as saying; “we don’t have the financial conditions to go into the market”. The Daily Mail suggests there will be more departures than incomings at Everton this month.

- According to This is Futball website, Everton are interested in Liverpool’s 29 year old forward, Daniel Sturridge.

- Italian website ‘Inter Live’ report Everton and West Ham are keen on Inter Milan’s 24 year old midfielder, Roberto Gagliardini. It is suggested Inter have already rejected a €25m bid for the player who’s contract expires in 2023.
Waiting for this news would normally be like a fat person in a cake shop but it’s been very underwhelming this window. Probably due to the fact we all know there will be no incomings

Niasse deal sounds like we're trying to bluff them into getting him on a perm instead of a loan.

I think even if we sold him we wouldn't feel the need to buy another striker, we'd like one, but niasse never plays, we don't really need to replace him. Goes with why Silva wouldn't answer whether it was a perm or loan.

Why are you pushing a player and quoting prices for a player you’ve not actually watched? Anyone can have 8 minutes of highlighted that make them look top level.
So my thing on Tonali is that he’s very young showing a lot of promise getting the attention of top clubs around Europe, whether it’s in Serie B or not he has loads of talent and the club he plays for us broke and in need of money. In short a cheap young player with loads of potential. Very little risk with very high reward

So my thing on Tonali is that he’s very young showing a lot of promise getting the attention of top clubs around Europe, whether it’s in Serie B or not he has loads of talent and the club he plays for us broke and in need of money. In short a cheap young player with loads of potential. Very little risk with very high reward

He wouldn't be at about £15m then?

Looks like the usual tactics to play down the budget for when we bid for players.

Yep. I think most people know we have the £££ for players, which is why we end up paying over the top the past few windows.

I get the issue about offloading to buy though because of the current wage bill is ridiculous.

He wouldn't be at about £15m then?
Wanna go through the proven players we’ve signed that are 5 or more years older for >£15m?

The club can be more than just a stepping stone. Getting players younger is nice but we can just keep picking up players from other teams when they are already grown into their game.

Prime example BVB. Yes they have bought a few players but the large majority of their team are players who grew up in their side. It created extremely loyal players that are playing out their careers at the club.

Build a home grown base of loyal players from youngsters to league stars and supplement them with signings.

Drastically reduces spending and creates a stable team.

....when I was a youngster, Friday used to mean Crackerjack, but this morning it’s day 18 of the January transfer window and here’s this morning’s Toffee rumours;

- France Football report a stand-off with Watford in Everton’s pursuit of Abdoulaye Doucouré is holding up PSG signing Idrissa Gueye. Apparently Watford are asking Everton to pay €50m for the midfielder.

- WalesOnLine say a glitch is stalling Oumar Niasse’s loan move from Everton to Cardiff. Asked about a replacement for Niasse, Everton Manager Marco Silva is quoted as saying; “we don’t have the financial conditions to go into the market”. The Daily Mail suggests there will be more departures than incomings at Everton this month.

- According to This is Futball website, Everton are interested in Liverpool’s 29 year old forward, Daniel Sturridge.

- Italian website ‘Inter Live’ report Everton and West Ham are keen on Inter Milan’s 24 year old midfielder, Roberto Gagliardini. It is suggested Inter have already rejected a €25m bid for the player who’s contract expires in 2023.

Let's hope the 'glitch' is not his agent again... let's not forget Prince Oumar would have been a full-time Palace player now if it was not for a similar 'glitch' on a previous deadline day.

And the great cabbage game at the end
Proper tv

Status
Not open for further replies.