Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it's my own opinion based on facts.

Look, shifting out so many players without being rigorous enough in negotiations to get cash in for more than 2 out of 19 players departing th club in the summer is appalling forward planning and judgement....just look at how we're now placed to get players in this month.

Seriously who do you blame?
I’m pretty sure putting this on brands and
Are we a soft touch though?

Are we a bit 'desperate'?

Clubs will of course loan with options to purchase if they can. Especially the likes of Bolasie, Vlasic, Mirallas, Besic and Niasse.

Maybe the club should stop being so vocal on needing to shift players before buying.

Interestingly, Silva has started to say we're a little short when it come to McCarthy.
id agree with about tipping our hands in needing to sell.

Although with the size of the club we had, it was obvious to all we needed to sell.

For me last year was awful to get up watch that hoofball crap that was sams idea of playing.

I like that we now line up and play to win against anyone and not line up for a draw away at West Brom.

I like what brands has said we are going to do. It’s just not going to happen overnight.

We all want the same thing in the end that’s why we are all here. However we have got to begin to see it is going to take time to clean up this mess left by the clowns.

See, I'd have thought the panic to be exploited is in January.

Deadline day will see panic buys for the likes of Niasse.

It will. But if 5’months of not paying some salaries gives us more room to manoeuvre in summer, then I’ll take that.

I think we will see a lot of undisclosed fees in summer for likes of mirallas etc.

5-10mil fees for a lot of players just to get them off the bill

Chelsea have a lot more out on loan than we do , and their model seems to work very well.
They get a loan fee for every player ( as we do) then if they do improve they sell them on. If not they make a loss ( just as they will make a massive loss with Morata)
I fail to see that we are in any way different.
Liverpool are about to punt one of their high earners Sturridge , they wont get a fee for him it will be a loan for a fee.
It just how clubs are run these days.

I think we could be signing Batshuayi just got a feeling. If we could get a couple more out the door I also think we will get a few more

A number of teams around the world would have any of the players we want to move on. Next to none would want them on their current inflated salaries. Many of the players will have no desire to lower their wages to move rather than just go on loan for the remainder of their contracts.

Hence, many loan moves.

Brands has got a nightmare on his hands finding a way to clear the decks before we invest again. To continue adding to our outgoing money above what we bring in is kamikaze stuff so count me as happy we're not doing it.
Very well put.

But we still do NEED a striker.

Of course it's my own opinion based on facts.

Look, shifting out so many players without being rigorous enough in negotiations to get cash in for more than 2 out of 19 players departing th club in the summer is appalling forward planning and judgement....just look at how we're now placed to get players in this month.

What facts are you talking about?

How do you know we had said offers for the players? How do you know the clubs making the offers were attractive to the players in question? In terms of wages offered etc.

The crazy world of Premier League football, more money than ever before for every club and yet more loans happening than i can ever remember, tight sods. It's understandable though transfer fees and wages are sky high, a lot of clubs want due diligence and see if the target can produce, except everton, we'll take a risk on how crap you are before ultimately realising how actually crap they are.

Niasse out, someone must be lined up, i don't want to believe i am that naive

They're names - we bought them. Other clubs would otherwise they wouldn't be loaned. I've just given a list of players we've loaned out.

Bolasie, Vlasic, Niasse, Mirallas, Besic, Martina, Ramirez, Garbutt etc.

Take Mirallas, Olympiacos and Fiorentina were always terrible loan destinations. Never going to buy him and he's gone from 29 to 31. We should be able to flog the likes of Mirallas and Niasse.

Ramirez and Vlasic should have been loaned to teams that are shop window teams or teams who'll give us an actual indication on whether they can perform in the Prem.

Don't forget the player also has to agree to the move. We were going to sell besic in the summer but he refused to sign permanently because of the wage cut he would have to take.

Mirallas was never going to accept a move to another prem team because then he would of had to actually work. He couldn't be arsed trying for olymparcos to the point were they wanted to sign him and then wanted to send him back. They idolized him as well.

Ramirez wanted to go back to Spain, he hates the premier league. One of my mates used to go to a shisha bar that Ramirez frequented and one night got speaking to him. He said moving to everton was the biggest mistake of his life and he hates the premier league. This was under allerdyce like so maybe he changed his mind under Silva.

My point is you can't force players to go where you want them to go for what's good for the club. Their only interested in what's good for them. Brands might have had deals lined up for all of our dross players in the summer for good prices but the teams could only of afforded low wages so the player refuses to leave.

I don't think selling the players is the issue I think getting them to take pay cuts is the issue. We have too many crap players on ridiculous wages quite frankly.

See, I'd have thought the panic to be exploited is in January.

Deadline day will see panic buys for the likes of Niasse.

100% agree. Although I can see why the club struggled to get anything better than a loan deal for the likes of Williams and Sandro, players like Niasse should be dream signings for Cardiff.

He’s proven to score for a poor side (Hull) and has even scored a few goals for us. His hard working style fits Cardiff and they’re happy to pay £15m+ for Sala who’s having the only decent season of his career.

Surely we should be seeing that and telling them £10-15m or no deal?

I have full faith in Brands but loaning all of our unwanted players out, winding their contracts down and giving out freebies to clubs all over in a market where clubs are getting crazy fees for poor players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back