Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reasonable article, although I can't understand why they are making Onyekuru into the prime example of our spending mismanagement. If he continues getting picked for the Nigerian team for the rest of this season I can't see a problem getting a work permit next season.

He may or may not turn into a good player for us, but even if he doesn't I don't see a problem getting back what we paid for him, and his salary won't put everybody off. Lots of top teams already having a look t him apparently.
Genuinely one of the only players who we've signed in the last few years that we could sell for a healthy profit and he's never even kicked a ball for us - poor example of our woeful transfer business. A picture of Steve Walsh would have sufficed to sum up our transfer failings, our worst signing in memory him - the man unearthed Kante and Mahrez for Leicester then comes to us and fattens our squad up with ageing, overpaid medicority.

Not sure why everyone's so outraged by the Solanke fee, I think he might surprise a few people to be honest. In the summer everyone was using Ings as the prime example of wasted money, but 8 goals in 16 games later it looks like it wasn't a bad deal after all, certainly better than the last couple of strikers we've bought.

I agree, another stupidly wrote off at the tender age of 21, the fee is not really the issue but it does make you wonder how you get to certain valuations. It's so far gone that I don't know why fans are so hung up on club finances, it's amounts most of us have never and will never see.

I agree, another stupidly wrote off at the tender age of 21, the fee is not really the issue but it does make you wonder how you get to certain valuations. It's so far gone that I don't know why fans are so hung up on club finances, it's amounts most of us have never and will never see.

Depends who said player plays for mate, Solanke is bought from the RS, £19m, Solanke bought from us, £8m.

Everton have knocked back an approach from Crystal Palace to take Cenk Tosun on loan.

Tosun has fallen down the pecking order at Goodison but the Blues will only listen to offer to buy the striker.

Everton have slapped a £20m asking price on the Turkey international but Palace's enquiry was only about taking the 27-year-old on loan.

Struggling Huddersfield Town are another club to have asked about Tosun's availability but they were also only keen on a loan.

Everton sanctioned the release of Oumar Niasse on loan to Cardiff City for the rest of the season but are not willing to do the same for Tosun.

As it stands, there are no takers for Tosun and so Everton are highly unlikely to make any signings this month.

Income at an all time high in the Premier league and all the teams down their fighting to save the drop are trying to get a striker on a cheap loan. Ffs, put your hands in your pockets!

Some of them are going to have to take a risk or two of around £20m to try and gain them £150m or whatever is the next year.

Not sure why everyone's so outraged by the Solanke fee, I think he might surprise a few people to be honest. In the summer everyone was using Ings as the prime example of wasted money, but 8 goals in 16 games later it looks like it wasn't a bad deal after all, certainly better than the last couple of strikers we've bought.

I think about 90% of the people saying it was a crap deal are the same people who said Ibe would be an utter waste of money.

Income at an all time high in the Premier league and all the teams down their fighting to save the drop are trying to get a striker on a cheap loan. Ffs, put your hands in your pockets!

Some of them are going to have to take a risk or two of around £20m to try and gain them £150m or whatever is the next year.
Still think Cardiff could come in for him. No ITK just a hunch

We`ve got a lot of players who know they are surplus, as do their agents.

There`s quite a few clubs that`ll be making panic buys towards the very end of the window.

We`ll have to take a massive hit on the transfer fees, but some of the deadwood will go.

It`ll be up to Brands to move very quickly. ( If he does indeed buy anyone ).

Still think Cardiff could come in for him. No ITK just a hunch

I don't think they will, they'll look for another striker on loan probably. Still not beyond the realms of possibility they won't need to buy another. But sala is who they scouted, they've been quite shrewd with money so can't see them chucking £20m at a gamble based on no real scouting when they expect to go down regardless.

We`ve got a lot of players who know they are surplus, as do their agents.

There`s quite a few clubs that`ll be making panic buys towards the very end of the window.

We`ll have to take a massive hit on the transfer fees, but some of the deadwood will go.

It`ll be up to Brands to move very quickly. ( If he does indeed buy anyone ).

There was a bloke on the radio earlier who gas written a book about the transfer window, well, transfers in general. I may have misheard, but I think he said that 30% of transfers take place in the last 2 hours of a window.

These arent the big news ones, generally, but lower league players, out of contract ones, and yeah, panicky clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back