Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've brought him up a few times. Not sure he can get a work permit. Lille are also in 2nd.

Just please not Lobotka.

The permit is based on various criteria but like Richarlison if his fee is in the top 15% for that window and his wages are above a certain threshold then its special dispensation.

My guess is thats easy this window.

I've brought him up a few times. Not sure he can get a work permit. Lille are also in 2nd.

Just please not Lobotka.

I really don't get what people see in him.

I'd not watched any of him before we were linked and I will admit this is purely off YouTube clips, but he looks like the same player as Schneiderlin.

I don't get why people would be happy to see Gueye - for all his faults, a bundle of energy and pace in the middle - replaced by a bloke who takes 10 seconds to cover 15 yards.

Hmm Rennes are quite well backed so I could see them wanting like £25-30m+ for Sarr. I can see Pepe being even more.
Way more. Sarr is still much less polished and younger. He might be built a bit better for the PL though.

If we are going to spend the money on someone like Pepe, we should pony up and get Lozano. Still think that will happen, but Brands won't do that in January.

The permit is based on various criteria but like Richarlison if his fee is in the top 15% for that window and his wages are above a certain threshold then its special dispensation.

My guess is thats easy this window.
I'm aware of the criteria. Richarlison already had a permit that he obtained through appeal. Mendes would probably cost 30M and the scuttlebutt was always that LOSC need to raise funds and Mendes wants a bigger club (i.e. more money). Is that enough?

I'd not watched any of him before we were linked and I will admit this is purely off YouTube clips, but he looks like the same player as Schneiderlin.

I don't get why people would be happy to see Gueye - for all his faults, a bundle of energy and pace in the middle - replaced by a bloke who takes 10 seconds to cover 15 yards.
He's a midget who isn't playing well at Vigo. He can pass and really force tempo. He seems like this Torreira like midfield dynamo. What I saw the last time I saw him and again this weekend was that he seemed to lack vision and was so intent on moving the thing and pushing tempo that he made poor decisions on the ball.
I also saw very little in the way of defensive contributions. He wasn't picking off passes and wasn't effective in the tackle. He has a motor, no question, but he wouldn't be my choice. Maybe he's just out of form. By most accounts he was terrific last year. That Vigo team is kind of a mess.

I'm aware of the criteria. Richarlison already had a permit that he obtained through appeal. Mendes would probably cost 30M and the scuttlebutt was always that LOSC need to raise funds and Mendes wants a bigger club (i.e. more money). Is that enough?

Youre asking me if a transfer fee of £30mil is in the top 15% of Premier league transfers this window....

Yes it is.

He's a midget who isn't playing well at Vigo. He can pass and really force tempo. He seems like this Torreira like midfield dynamo. What I saw the last time I saw him and again this weekend was that he seemed to lack vision and was so intent on moving the thing and pushing tempo that he made poor decisions on the ball.
I also saw very little in the way of defensive contributions. He wasn't picking off passes and wasn't effective in the tackle. He has a motor, no question, but he wouldn't be my choice. Maybe he's just out of form. By most accounts he was terrific last year. That Vigo team is kind of a mess.

He sees the next pass but doesnt seem to see the best pass.

I’d sell Gueye now if they meant we could get a better DM in the summer. The season is over anyway. Actually I’d just sell Gueye now regardless.
State his value is 35m and at least 20m of that must be made up in cash. They can make the other 15m up with a decent player, or create another bogus sponsorship deal so that it gives them more flexibility with the FFP rules. Up to them.

I think Ghana, like Lee Carsley before him, will only truly be appreciated once he has gone. I am still pining for the loss of Joe Parkinson’s industry in the midfield :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back