Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's The Gueye Money Moshy?

780770-1.webp

I don't know if he's our best player, but IMO he's our most irreplaceable one. What irriates me is this idea that he gives it away or doesn't pass it forward. It's like the Michael Keane is slow opinion. It's been disproven with objective evidence and even opinions from folks that are hands on, but it seems to still be an opinion.

When you've got a very slow midfielder/second striker already in Siggy, you can't have a bunch of other ones around him. Gomes has a bit of what we need in midfield when we have the ball, but the second we give it up he's pretty much worthless. Gana is asked to do SO much.

I think some maybe don't understand how important Gana is to our tactics. He basically covers both sides as we tend to lose the ball a lot. It's unreal the amount of ground he covers and what an effective disruptor he is of what other teams are trying to do. I think a lot of folks just ball watch and only see players passing, shooting, instead of how they function off the ball.

Even when clubs like PSG come calling, some here STILL think he's crap. It's just sad and quite ignorant, really. You'd think if PSG and some of the others that have been after him - Chelsea last summer, now Arsenal/Man City - that some here might revisit their opinions. I know much like certain stats might make me think twice about my opinion on a player.
Why is it sad and ignorant? God forbid someone doesn't agree with you or people who are paid to make an opinion. Football isn't black or white. I suppose you're ignorant if you don't agree with Theresa May seen as she's paid 80k a year to run the country.

He makes them because, as we saw yesterday, our other midfielders aren't great at it.
They're still not yours to make though. I don't think he is disciplined enough, instead of letting a winger or full back jockey someone he just flies in without a thought of what he's left behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back